PDA

View Full Version : Big Apple Herp Cages...

eradi
11-21-2005, 09:54 PM
My tegu has grown out of it's 55 gal home. I would love to build the next cage but I have no time or space for this undertaking.
Can anyone offer any feedback on Big Apple Herp cages?
I am interested in on of their 6 footers. Seems fairly resonable for
$240 + shipping.

Thanks, E

GuinnyOne
11-23-2005, 03:24 AM
Not sure which one you are talking about...is it this one:

72"L x 18"W x 17"H
Model: 100L
With HINGED Screen Top
freight charge of $39.95 applies ????

My only thought is that it isn't that deep from front to back. I think if you are going to make an investment like that look around a little more and get something that is deeper from front to back.

I just made a big order with Matthew from www.monster-cages.com

I haven't gotten the cages yet, and they are more expensive, but he can outfit them with heat tape, incancescent fixtures, and florescent fixtures for you. Just a thought. I know they are more. But I would definately try to find something that is at least 2 feet deep front to back....Matthew also does custom sizes, etc. There is also animal plastics and a number of other companies out there. Kelly

MO
11-23-2005, 05:09 PM
Have you checked out Boasmasters.com? I think I'm gonna get an 8" from him for when my guy grows up. I think there 8x3x3 for about $500. $100 extra s/h.

They come unassembled too and look pretty easy to put together plus you can paint it any color you want! I'm a girly-girl so I'm going to do some toll painted flowers and vines all over mine. I think it would be really funny to house a huge lizard like a Tegu in a girly house :lol: . Of course I may end up paying for making him live in it, we'll see....