PDA

View Full Version : teguixin

Pauly
12-04-2005, 05:37 PM
I know they're generally big PITA's, but is anyone legitimately trying captive breeding with them?

Teiidae
12-04-2005, 07:03 PM
Welcome to theTegu.com - gonna move this to breeding forum...

Pauly
12-06-2005, 04:08 AM
Thank you for the welcome...
I guess I should take the lack of responses to be a no?

Teiidae
12-06-2005, 04:38 AM
I don't know of anyone on here that breeds Colombians...

Pauly
12-06-2005, 03:51 PM
That's a shame....I know Ben Siegel had imported some very nice T. teguixin in the middle of '03, was hoping somebody picked up a group and was trying something with them...
I wish the tupinambis folks in general were more like the varanus folks (i.e., not so worried about having something friendly)....

Daggit_Columbian
10-23-2006, 06:57 PM
yeah i see that t his is old but.....i am going to try. it'll be a while though cause my boy's only 18 moths and i am planning on getting a little girl and introducingthem when he is three and she is one....will this be a problem??

Flogger
10-23-2006, 07:11 PM
I'll soon get a pair of T.teguixin, based on how long it takes for them to reach maturity I will definetly try to breed them. They are currently about 50cm and ten months old. You think they can mate this spring or summer?

Daggit_Columbian
10-23-2006, 11:48 PM
i wouldn' think that they would be big enough. prolly two more years till then..... of course no one knows too much about this speicies in the breeding area.:roll: mine is almost 18 months and he isn't fully grown yet :D

RockRatt
12-23-2007, 02:18 AM
I noticed that this thread is over a year old, so I was wondering if anything new on breeding the Columbians? Anyone had any luck? If so How old do the male/female need to be? How big? Anyone with info I would really appreciate it. I have a Columbian that is only about a year old or so and would like first to be able to identify his sex and then find the opposite sex so they can grow up together and breed later on. Just for a hobby. I am raising Cal Kings now and love my Tegu "Drago" and do not mind the attitudes of the columbians. I guess I do not know any different since I have never had a Argentinean.. Well thanks to anyone who has some info or sites/forums with columbian info.