PDA

View Full Version : Does your Tegu do this?

Sherry
12-08-2005, 05:28 AM
I Currently keep my tegu in around our kitchen so I can always see him and pet him and I noticed that every time I am cooking on the stove my tegu goes NUTS, pacing in his cage, getting as high in his cage as he possibly can and always tasting the air. Does anyone have a tegu as fond of their cooking as mine seems to be....oh well at least some one likes my cooking :wink:

Shan
12-09-2005, 05:42 AM
Not all the time but Gooch will do this. But the smell has to be strong through out the house. He will pace waiting for his part. Only he doesn't know he isn't getting any I give him turkey instead and he gobbles it down fast.

cycomiss
12-10-2005, 12:37 AM
Do you keep your Tegu setup in the kitchen full time - or, just when you are cooking? I may be wrong - or just overly cautious (!) but I would be a little nervous keeping them in/around the kitchen. I've read before that birds can die from the fumes of burnt teflon. Maybe that is not a risk w/ herps...

Feedback?

Melissa

Shan
12-10-2005, 04:26 AM
Oh No Gooch is in the living room. But it is next to the kitchen. If I am cooking a roast or frying chicken and the smell goes through out the house he gets excited. I wouldn't put him in the kitchen. He is our new kid and always with us in the living room!!!!!!