PDA

View Full Version : tegu escaped!

Argentina0426
12-11-2005, 08:33 PM
My female tegu has been missing for the past three days. I didn't realize how strong she had become and she managed to brake the screen top ( and I had just gotten a new 6 foot cage to switch her into). I have a huge house (4 floors) and lots of hiding places so I don't really what to do next. I looked under every bed, every closet, every heater/radiator, and everywhere else I could imagine. I thought about leaving out a dead mouse, but with 4 floors and a huge house, I would need over 20 mice to effectively target the house. Its pretty cold here right now so I'm worried. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You

Teiidae
12-11-2005, 08:54 PM
I think turkey may have a stronger scent she could pick up on - It's worth a shot to help pinpoint where she is if it starts to dissappear - Dark tight places seem to make them feel secure - Besides what you have already mentioned, some places mine have managed thier way into is cushy furniture, the bottom back of the refrigerator, under the dishwasher, through holes in the kitchen up into the cabinets, under and up into the bottom stove drawer, hole in the sub-woofer of the surround sound system - If there is a way into something, they seem to find it - Keep looking man and good luck...

Argentina0426
12-11-2005, 09:04 PM
thanks for the advice. I'll try leaving food out.

Argentina0426
12-12-2005, 03:25 AM
I found her!

She was only a few feet from where she escaped in a closet under bags of clothes. She was really pissed that I woke her up.. never heard her hiss that loud. I am moving her to her new custom built cage tomorrow which will have plenty of locks on it :)

Teiidae
12-12-2005, 03:39 AM
She probably felt lost and scared herself - hence the hiss - Glad to hear you found her - I would be putting her in the new enclosure tonight unless you are sure she wont escape again overnight...

James_James
12-17-2005, 03:54 AM
:idea: Never Underestimate the strength of a Tegu. They are very cunning, and will find away to escape, if you present them with a possibility :!:

Argentina0426
12-17-2005, 07:34 AM
She is safe and secure in her current setup.. Its funny how they manage to escape like a day before you planned to move them to a new cage. :lol: