PDA

View Full Version : Can tegus be confused about their own sex?

STLherps
07-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Soooooo had somethin weird goin on today, I was sold a 3.5 foot B & W Tegu about 6 months ago. Was told female by seller and had documented paperwork from Bobby Hill. Looks like female to me. I put her straight in with my blue pair and female red. Within an hour Ike was chasing her around trying to slow her down but normal breeding behavior not aggression. In the last 6 months I haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe male over female. Well today I go downstairs and the "female" B & W is tryin to bump uglies with my blue female. Which I was like WTH is goin on here. My blue male and "her" have never had aggression issues, all 4 of them will sleep together/eat together. Thanks in advance

In the picture is her with my female red. Shes bigger then the red in the pic but the female red is now her same size.

herpboi
07-05-2011, 11:44 PM
Im thinking young male, based on the larger head and females are usually more heavier in the belly area at that size, do you see/feel any buttons?

STLherps
07-15-2011, 05:49 PM
I cant feel any buttons. He/she is 2 years old but one thing I thought was weird is that the jows are quite a bit smaller then my male blue tegus. Ive witnessed my blue trying to breed him/her aswell. I thought by the slender size was male aswell but being housed with 2 other females I havent had any aggression issues between the blue and the B & W.