PDA

View Full Version : Website news & update...

Rick
02-08-2012, 12:30 AM
I have sold the website. It now belongs to our very own admin, Samantha (txrepgirl). No introductions are needed since she has been here running the forums for years already.

I have updated to the latest vBulletin 4.1.10 which should stop the hackers and slow down the spammers. (we can hope)

I will be helping txrepgirl to manage some small tweaks and the occassional glitch that is sure to pop up since the upgrade.

I would like the thank the handful of people who donated to purchase the newest vBulletin for The Tegu Community... So..

People who deserve our thanks..

Well.. First thanks to txrepgirl for purchasing TheTegu.com to keep these community free for all of you!!

And to the following for helping us purchase the latest vBulletin software for the entire community!

RamblinRose
HernandosMom
Laurafl
lilgonz

---------
Notice to Contributing Members.. You may change your 'User title' to anything you wish within your UserCP. :)
---------

Rick

Rick
02-08-2012, 02:41 AM
I fixed the broken smilie images and made a simple logo at the top.

Rick

RamblinRose
02-08-2012, 03:29 AM
Great to know it's all up and back in business! :)

txrepgirl
02-08-2012, 09:35 AM
OMG. I'm so excited about all of this :) . Thank you SO VERY MUCH to Rick for choosing me to be the new owner and to Rose, Laura, HernandosMom and Greg for the donations. I couldn't of done it without out you all ;) . I'm VERY PROUD to have such a awsome team and to be the new owner of this forum. I know this might sound strange but I'm very emotional ( and very happy ) right now lol. So I have to say this. I love you all :) . It's great to see everyone back.

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/DTL Welcome/1065-014-16-1071.gif

laurarfl
02-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Congrats, Sam!

lilgonz
02-08-2012, 02:32 PM
Congrats, Sam! Glad to see we are back online!

bubblz
02-08-2012, 05:21 PM
Congratulations :-D ​glad to have it back and lets keep it going

bubblz
02-08-2012, 05:45 PM
This has always been an issue for me. Is there a way to change the side bar so that new threads and responses show up quicker? With out subscribing to it and checking regularly some times it can take at least 30 mins before it updates.

txrepgirl
02-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Thank you everyone :) .

bubblz. You bet we will ;) .

HernandosMom
02-09-2012, 01:12 AM
Congratulations txrepgirl and THANK YOU for stepping up and taking ownership of the site. I'm very happy to know that The Tegu Community will continue.

Rick
02-09-2012, 03:09 AM
This has always been an issue for me. Is there a way to change the side bar so that new threads and responses show up quicker? With out subscribing to it and checking regularly some times it can take at least 30 mins before it updates.

Sadly that is the way it works. It is part of the forum script.

Rick

txrepgirl
02-09-2012, 06:31 AM
Thank you HernandosMom and your welcome. I'm very happy about it, too.

bubblz
02-09-2012, 06:20 PM
That's sucks,.. it would help things run smoother if it could be changed. I think the response time may be the biggest issue people have with this forum now that new membership has been taken care of. I know I don't always check the thread if the side bar hasn't changed.

laurarfl
02-09-2012, 08:51 PM
If you click "New Posts" on the top in the left corner, does it refresh faster?

Boozer
02-10-2012, 05:06 AM
If you click "New Posts" on the top in the left corner, does it refresh faster?

i've found that it does. but i also have a quick computer!

laurarfl
02-10-2012, 02:21 PM
Me, too. I have a fast computer and an impatient personality. If it takes longer to load than I would spend reading it...I'm usually gone!

I understand what Bubblz is saying. I check the sidebar for new posts and won't often revisit a thread if there does not seem to be new activity. Occasionally I've stumbled upon unanswered questions, etc and wondered if the newer member found their answer.

Lord_Duron
02-10-2012, 08:47 PM
You know what would be really great if we could up the time your allowed to stay logged in because sometimes I'm writing a reply and I go to post it and bam its like ha go log in if you want to post sucka. Then i have to hope I didnt lose the info i just typed out and what have you. I think the community would enjoy a longer inactive time.

bubblz
02-10-2012, 08:59 PM
Clicking on What's New works but I'm not use to it. On some other forums I visit you have to log in to see what's new and I don't always log in unless there's something I'm going to respond to. The side bar is the most noticeable so that's what I check but now that I know I don't have to log in to see what's new I'm good,.. I'll take that :). I agree with the logged in time as well, if I'm typing a lengthy post I gotta remember to c&p so I don't lose it before logging in again.

Rick
02-14-2012, 02:35 PM
You know what would be really great if we could up the time your allowed to stay logged in because sometimes I'm writing a reply and I go to post it and bam its like ha go log in if you want to post sucka. Then i have to hope I didnt lose the info i just typed out and what have you. I think the community would enjoy a longer inactive time.

That's something txrepgirl will fix soon. ;)

Rick

txrepgirl
02-15-2012, 07:33 AM
I'm so sorry everyone for taking so long to make changes to the login timeout. Rick pmed me some infos and I still can't find the place where I can change it :( . Now I'm having more then just a blond moment lol.

Rick
02-15-2012, 06:06 PM
I wasnt very clear, but I resent the info more clearly. :)

Rick

txrepgirl
02-17-2012, 09:08 AM
It has been changed from 900 seconds to 3600 seconds ;) . Thank you Rick for the infos.

Rick
02-17-2012, 02:39 PM
It has been changed from 900 seconds to 3600 seconds ;) . Thank you Rick for the infos.

No problem. I think now that I fixed the other issue, you will have less issue fixing/changing stuff in the future. ;)

txrepgirl
02-18-2012, 09:58 AM
:) . It did help alot that you fixed the other issue :) . I was feeling really bad for taking so long. I'm just glad that this time it wasn't because I had a blond moment lol.

Lord_Duron
02-18-2012, 01:04 PM
Bahh Dont feel bad about it xD and I notice the change when i did something came back and COPY the posted reply. I was like HEY they up the login time yeah baby xD . Thank you very much this makes things a lot easier <3 you guys are the best <3

txrepgirl
02-18-2012, 08:17 PM
Your welcome ;) .Awww, thank you for the very nice compliment. I'm glad we could help.