PDA

View Full Version : almost lost my new blue... but he is safe

tegulevi
02-22-2006, 06:17 PM
Last night we let the blue 4ft. male roam around the house some. he went behing my tv and took a dump. so i had to climb back there and clean up. when i came out... no tegu, anywhere. i finally found him he had went in m bathroom and knocked the front anel off of the box my garden tube is mounted in. and got behind there with my cat who lives there. i tred to get him but he was getting bad so i took all the sides off to let him come out on his own. I went and ate dinner and came back to find he had moved some isulation and pulled a towel ot of the hole where the ater lines come up through the floor. and i can see his foot it there. he was down under the floor in the subflooring under the tub. i grabbed his tail as fast as i could before h got too far. it was like 50 degrees down there. i managed to pull his whole tail out and then he got stuck. his feet were gripped on the underside of my floor. making it nearly impossible to get him out. he was wrapped around some 1/2 inch water lines too. so i got the dumb idea after about 20 minutes of holding him by the ase of his tail. to unscrew the water line and let it flow into a bucket while i got him out. (i didnt know where my water shut-off was) well I also didnt kno that the water shoot out of that hose like a cannon, and its ice cold. so here i am with a soaked bathroom, lizard,wife, and me. it sprayed all the way to the cieling. but i gave just enough room to manuever his legs and pull him free. somehow i didnt even get bit, but i did get poo'ed on lol. but most important i got him out with all toes and tail still attached and got him back to his enclosure. What a night.

him
http://www.www.thetegu.com/modules/Gallery/albums/tegulevi-tegu/DSCN1292.sized.jpg
the hole
http://www.www.thetegu.com/modules/Gallery/albums/tegulevi-tegu/DSCN1298.sized.jpg

ElliotJasChief
02-22-2006, 06:31 PM
8O

He's a rascal isn't he?

tegulevi
02-22-2006, 06:37 PM
rascal is putting it lightly. my next plan was to cut the floor out around him lol. glad it didnt get to that level. he is so strong i am still a little sore today from him pulling against me. needless to say that tub frame will be screwed shut forever. its a modular house and the put them on with high grade velcro. he knocked over my hamper and knocked the front off.

ElliotJasChief
02-22-2006, 11:04 PM
Yes he's VERY strong and quite a digger. When I first put him in the outdoor pen he dug a hole like a foot down under the fence in about 2 minutes...it was really something to behold :D . I've also watched him push around 8 lb logs with his nose. *Sigh* I miss him already. It's really nice to see pics of him.

tegulevi
02-23-2006, 01:26 PM
yeah they all three dig like crazy. he was moving a rock about the size of a soccer ball the other day