PDA

View Full Version : about ball python

teguero
03-01-2006, 05:26 AM
hi
are female balls more tamable and less agressive than males???
I' m asking because I' m about to buy one!
thanks

austonhorst
03-02-2006, 12:31 AM
Neither males nor females are more aggressive than the other. If you are looking for a non aggressive snake then you need to ask the breeder or seller how aggressive the snake is and more importantly that it is feeding constantly. Some balls are notoriously difficult eaters.. but many are wild caught animals so that is to be expected. Anyways, Just ask the seller if the snake is calm.

Nero557
03-03-2006, 06:37 AM
I would definately agree about asking if the breeder if the snake is calm. Usually wild caught are harder to get eating and most carry parasites and/or tics, mites, and other bugs. Yes, captive bred cost more, but they are usually easier to tame, easier to get eating, and tolerate handling more. The CB are definately worth the extra couple bucks and I would recommend buying as a baby because then you don't have to worry about the breeder lying to you saying it's tame and it not being tame. If it is a baby, then you can just tame it yourself, and since ball pythons are quite docile, it will be really easy to do. If you have any other questions on ball pythons or other animals, just email me at Nero557@hotmail.com and I'd be glad to help you out. If you have aol or aim, you can also try my sn Nero557.

yeaitsdave
03-03-2006, 04:29 PM
Are you buying it from a store, a breeder, or a dealer? From a store you can see the temperment of the animal yourself. Breeders are normally more likely to give you an idea of what the animals like, as they bread it themself, raised it to an age old enough to be sold, and have the parents. Dealers can be tricky...

teguero
03-04-2006, 03:50 AM
thanks everybody!
I' ve just bought it. it's a female about a year
it' s a beauty and she seems healty and calm
I bought it in a store, the guy knows a lot and you can see that he likes animalls. I think I was lucky!
thanks for your help!