PDA

View Full Version : Hello all!

aces
03-01-2006, 10:49 PM
Hello all, I am new to tegus but have been keeping snakes and fish for a long time. I'm already finding that tegus are very different than either snakes or fish!!! But his personality is remarkable and he seems to do a lot more 'thinking' than any pet I've had in some time. His name is "Manu" our new Argentinian B & W Tegu. Hopefully you guys can help us take good care of him.

Tom and Monica

Teiidae
03-01-2006, 10:54 PM
Welcome to theTegu :wink:

Rick
03-02-2006, 12:27 AM
Indeed, welcome to The Tegu Community @ www.www.thetegu.com

Feel free to make yourself at home in the forums, join the chat from time to time (note that if you hand around the few of us that are always in the chatroom will likely notice you.. we are in there almost 24/7 but often doing other things too)

Rick

aces
03-02-2006, 03:19 PM
Great, thanks! By the way, is there a pinned thread on the best way to tame a tegu? I could start a new one but dont want to be repetitive. Right now we just take him out for 15-20 minutes a day (but have been missing some days lately).

Teiidae
03-02-2006, 03:27 PM
Here is an article that may be of some help if you have not already read it...

http://www.thetegu.com/contentid-17.html

aces
03-03-2006, 02:57 AM
That is an excellent article. Actually I just took Manu out today and he was extremely calm and closing his eyes when I was petting his head. Being a snake keeper I'm not used to herps enjoying human interaction, is he actually enjoying my company? If so, awesome!

yeaitsdave
03-03-2006, 04:33 PM
Welcome to thetegu.

Es possible he was enjoying it, sometimes they close their eyes when they get stressed too, tho

aces
03-03-2006, 09:47 PM
I'm rather sure it's not stress. If he doesn't like something his typical response is like a cartoon character; there's a 'poof' cloud where he once was and he's scrambling off somewhere! :lol:

yeaitsdave
03-04-2006, 04:30 AM
Good, good. Tegus do tend to like human interaction, so it's quite possible