PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice on a Frilled Dragon

yeaitsdave
04-23-2006, 01:36 AM
Ok, so someone just brought a young adult Frilled Dragon into our store that they couldn't take care of anymore. I always liked them and thought about getting one, but my tegu takes up enough room, so I was undecided, especially with their so-so temperment.

This one is, well, amazing. He's so friendly its ridiculous. My problem is I'm undecided if I should get him. If anyone has some advice or expirence with them, let me know. I really cant decide on this one, I was hellset on getting another tegu, but he just seems too good to pass up.

jb
04-23-2006, 10:05 PM
They need to be misted or dripped water over a few times per day, like beardies they don't recognize standing water. They like large vertical oriented caging with different diameter tree trunks to cling to. They are very inquisitive but a lot of work. I've researched them over the last year and s/w people that have kept them successfully but have not actually kept them. The only thing that has kept me from keeping one is the fact that i have 12 lizards and have a quick routine each morning to care for them and don't want any more responsibility than what i am already committed to.