PDA

View Full Version : another skin problem!

Salliva2000
04-27-2006, 08:15 PM
I have a Tupinambis teguxin(what do you call it english?) who has this problem with her skind just behind her to frontlegs...behind each frontleg on a little she couldnīt get her skind of and unfortunely i noticed it a bit to late...well an infection was on itīs run, but i managed to get rid of it and the wounds got closed...the problem is that everytime she drops her new skin she always have the problem at those spots, because of this "disfunction" in her skin....Is there something to do that can prevent it for all time?...of course I help her with those spots when time comes, with a good bath and a good balance of A-vitamin.....

Thanks

- Danny from Denmark

Nero557
04-27-2006, 08:58 PM
If you can get her to eat it, I would try a little fruit... but I know that Coloumbian Black and Whites are known not to eat fruit... but I'd give it a shot. Also, when the shed time comes increase your humidity and soak daily. I've heard of some people using mineral oil, vegetable oil, or aloe vera to keep the skin moisturized. (however you spell that) Good luck. :)

Salliva2000
04-27-2006, 09:11 PM
Thanks Nero....

I already do such things and yes she hates fruit!...But hey, shesīs healthy and beutyfull!....maybe she just have to stop growing, ha!

- Danni

andy_rotten
04-27-2006, 09:14 PM
they usually have shedding problems when humidity is too low... in my terrarium i keep it between 60 and 90% and also spry it 2 times a day and and soak them once a week when i can

Salliva2000
04-27-2006, 09:22 PM
...and thatīs how it should be, yes....the humility in my terrarium is good and she has no problems on the rest of her body, but only at thoose to spots... a kind of a failure in the skinsurface after she had her wounds there...to bad...

- D

melahela30
04-27-2006, 10:29 PM
i have a question and i didnt think it was necessary to start a new topic. can your enclosure be too humid? what problems would that cause?

Nero557
04-27-2006, 11:59 PM
Well, if you keep the enclosure too damp, you can cause fungus growth, mold... etc. Now if you have anti molding substrate that shouldn't be as much of a problem. It can cause a respiratory infection if it gets too cold, which can happen considering the bottom of the substrate would just have sitting water. The sitting water would also promote bacteria growth with could cause multiple problems. So to sum it up, yes, too much humidity can cause many problems, more than what I have listed here.

jb
04-28-2006, 12:17 AM
my columbian will eat some fruit-overripe mango and banana. let one get black on the outside and smoosh it open and place on a dish. the scar will always catch the skin on shedding, but the moisturizing may facilitate it coming off easier.