PDA

View Full Version : Red Tegu not eating

TeguManiac
04-29-2006, 01:52 AM
Hi everyone. I am new to this site and have been looking through it for a little while now. It's a lot better than kingsnake, I must say. I have an 18 month old red tegu that has recently had a bladder stone the size of an adult thumb removed from her. It was acting as an impaction and was putting pressure on her spine. She is currently on baytril for the next 2 weeks and is now off of her pain medicine which she took for 5 days. She hasn't eaten in almost 2 weeks and I am getting worried. She won't eat ground turkey, fruit, worms, or even mice. I am keeping her hydrated and giving her nice long soaks everyday. Any suggestions on what I should do from here. Force Feeding possibly???

Nero557
04-30-2006, 01:08 AM
well, do you wake her up when she is sleeping (like when she is in her hide or burrow?) if you do, please stop, because you are then not giving her any place to get away and be safe. I'm just going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing your tegu is just extremely stressed out from all of the activity lately. Try leaving him/her alone as long as possible (i know you probably have to give medications, so just do the best you can. Hopefully someone else will give you more info on this because this isn't a problem I have had personally (with all the impaction and what not) Best of luck to your tegu.