PDA

View Full Version : hey novice herpetologist who got first tegu a month ago.

Safari-Dakota
06-22-2006, 09:41 PM
hey all,
i have had many animals i have had three defferent chameleons and decided untill i get a lot more money to spend on my pets a chemeleon isnt a good idea. i had a small svanah monitor who was taken by mouth rot. and have had a hadgehog for almost two years soon, her name is padme. and currently i have a nile monitor anubus about two and a half feet, little longer maybe but he doesnt want much measuring done more like a good bite of me i plan on never letting him get. and i have a new tegu. shes a year old and the sweetest thing i have ever seen. i hand feed her banana and strawberries cut into sections and mid size rats. and she sleeps with me sometimes. funny to have such a sweet little girl now since i have had my nile for a while and its obvious the thing was never realy cared for only enough to keep its claws sharp for when i got it. well just wanted to say hey everyone.

Teiidae
06-22-2006, 09:50 PM
Welcome to theTegu :wink:

jb
06-22-2006, 11:09 PM
Niles don't tame. You'll get one person in 100 who says theirs is tame-and i'll bet they are lying too. Welcome.

Safari-Dakota
06-23-2006, 01:45 AM
yeah i know they dont tame. hehe thats why i have my sob. lol. i have this cat aorund here who likes to beat mine up and when anubus gets 7 or 8 feet that cat better scram or its on the food pyrimid.lol.

:)