PDA

View Full Version : decor

reptilica1386
02-11-2005, 08:22 PM
i was thinking that i could get a small hollow tree stump and put it in the tegus cage i would make sure it was clean first ..i dont want to buy a fake one i thought it would look nice... there are lots of old dead trees with hollow trunks.. does that seem like an ok idea?

Brisamen
02-11-2005, 08:30 PM
sounds great!
Tho I would first scrub it off with something then rins it thuroly.
Or place it in an oven or microwave if that fits.
Because else you will have more pets then only your tegu ;)
talking about creepy crawlers here. As they like old wood.

John
02-12-2005, 12:32 AM
I have a giant log and it looks nice but is a pain in the butt to keep up. Just mulch is the easiest way out and still works well.

charlene
02-12-2005, 01:53 AM
I bet it would look great. I clean my wood by soaking it in a 10:1 (water:bleach) for about 20 minutes and it kills almost anything. You just have to rinse it off REALLY good afterwards. I soak mine twice in fresh clean water for 30 min+ and then run the shower over it for a bit (I'm a bit paranoid). If it still smells bleachy afterwards then I do it again :)

Brisamen
02-12-2005, 10:02 AM
Yup thats the same thing we do over here with everything that doesnt fit into the oven or microwave and comes from outside ;)

reptilica1386
02-12-2005, 01:41 PM
alright thanks for the advice :)

James_James
02-13-2005, 06:56 PM
Disinfecting any wood from nature, before placing in encloser is a must! I 've given one of my Iguanas red mites before, because I did not do this. A bleach solution is best. I would dry the wood out, in the sun before placing back in cage.