PDA

View Full Version : Can be dog tame a Blackthroat, whitethroat like an arg tegu?

tiger1
08-16-2006, 10:39 PM
I like very much the Albigularis and now wanna buy a male, but some tegu keeper said me ,be carefull, because they are agressive sometimes at the first meeting with the man, and a man can't know, will be a tame or stay wild, against you try handle him. I think so when I will handle every day a half an hour or more, it impossible, that this lizard will be not dog tame!!!
I had some experiences with the savanna and my question is: is it not more difficult make dog tame a black throat monitor like a savanna, when I handle
him every day?
Anybody has some good experiences with the Black throat or white throat in care, feeding,taming or any other questions thema, because iI read lot of texts and I saw many pictures about the Albigularis and I would like get reassuring answers about this amizing monitor! Albi can't feed with rodents or with only pinky mice or rats??? ETC....

Thank you every answers!! Help me please!

RainbowParty
08-17-2006, 02:12 AM
Most of the larger monitors tend to be more aggressive than a smaller reptile, but of course there's always exceptions. My advice would be to stay away from monitors if you're looking for a friendly, physical relationship with your reptile. Savanna's tend to be alright, but I've heard stories about other monitors. I think it's just best to stay away from them as pets unless you're going to be really really devoted.

tegulevi
08-17-2006, 11:15 AM
I agree with rainbow. Getting a monitor expecting it to be tame is setting yourself up for a letdown. they are a lot of work. My opinions on monitors is that in the order of importance i would tameness at like 3. you need to be more concerned with housing and overall care. one that has not had all of its requirments met will be aggressive. I have seen both sides when it comes to blackthroats some like tegu friendly... some just plain aggressive.