PDA

View Full Version : Rescue: Cross post ??*Chinese Cayman Alligator*??

nicolerussell
09-23-2006, 01:05 AM
From a post in Herp World

Chinese Cayman Alligator Desperately needs rescueing

Hello all,
My brother called me the other night with a problem. His friend owns a chinese cayman alligator (Spelling?) In the state of Kentucy it is illegal to own. Problem being . The poor thing is 6ft in a 6ft aquarium (wrong in the first place) and he does not want to deal with him (second wrong never get an animal not thinking of future care) He says he is very doscile . BUT This guy is thinking of dumping him in the wild to fend for himself Cry ...Winter is around the corner and he has never been on his own. So I thought I would see if there was ANYONE willing to take him before he gets dumped Mad The gator is in the bowling green ky area.I would take him but I don't have the means to accomedate him we already have a Nile Monitor. PLEASE if anyone can help or knows of where to get help that would be great ..Because of the legal status of owning one in KY he is afraid to ask around there. Thanks

Contact Jim at rescue@herpkingdom.com for contact details.

nicolerussell
09-23-2006, 01:26 AM
honestly I think this is a caiman but I'm not sure...I took the post title and all as is.

RehabRalphy
09-23-2006, 02:12 AM
You may want to try my friend Bam. Hes a caiman owner/breeder. He may consider it.

Bam Rubenstein
bam@caimanhunter.com

Heres a list of links that has to do with getting rid of Caimans. Look over the links and you may find a place to resqure it.

http://www.caimanhunter.com/links.html

nicolerussell
09-23-2006, 02:18 AM
Thanks alot...this is one of those time I wish I had the facitilies for a crocodilian...they really are beautiful animals.

nicolerussell
09-23-2006, 02:19 AM
Hey is it ok it I repost your post to HW Ralphy?

RehabRalphy
09-23-2006, 02:50 AM
Sure not a problem.

gunznrosez13
11-10-2006, 03:57 AM
Is there a such thing as a pet worthy alligator/croc? That would be the reptile of all reptiles if you could tame them

Grimlock
11-10-2006, 05:48 AM
no, crocodilians do NOT tame and are lousy pets, i reallllly wish people would not buy/sell them. it is my unpopular opinion that all crocodilians in the pet trade, which cannot be returned to the wild or used for educational purposes, should be euthanized. because eventually they will hurt someone or be released, or just suffer a long cruel death due to neglect. very, very few people have the facilities and funds to properly care for one, even the "dwarf" varieties (the smallest of which is still 4')