PDA

View Full Version : breeding mice

reptilica1386
03-11-2005, 08:13 PM
ok well i bought 10 mice at the pet shop 9 females and 1 male... i think i will take the babies out when they are born and freeze them so i will have pinkys while my future tegu is young... i wanted know know if anyone had some tips for me since i havent bred mice before about how long is the gestation? and if i want the babies to get bigger like say fuzzys, hoppers, so on... should i separate the female and babies? any help would be great ... thanks
lauren

BLUETEGUS
03-11-2005, 11:08 PM
I have had no experience in breeding mice, but i think tegu girl on this site has bred before.

reptilica1386
03-12-2005, 12:30 AM
LOL yeah! but all her mice ate eachother :P so i thought i should separate the ones with babies
lauren

beardiedragon
03-12-2005, 03:34 AM
I can tell you that pinkies and fuzzies are not the most nutritious thing. They are high in fat and not much on calcium. You are better off when tegus are young to make their staple insects and turkey. Use supplements. A pinkie a week is fine but wait for them to grow enough for mice before feeding them all the time.

reptilica1386
03-12-2005, 11:36 PM
yeah alright thanks.. i planned to give it insects and dust them... i will look into getting the ground turkey.. i havent heard of it before at the store so i will have to look around
lauren