PDA

View Full Version : gonzos taking small hoppers!!!

tegu_girl0
03-24-2005, 04:28 PM
and it wad black. hes picky he would not eat the colored mice but her ate the white ones so i had a 3 1/2 week old hopper that was not learning to driink off the water bottle and mom would not let him drink and he was dying from thurst so i kinda nocked him out a bit and put him in with gonzo and feeding reaction was awsom he went up and nuged it and the mouse barly moved (he was still alive just not with it) and he grabed it on the tail and the mouse showed gonzo he was still alive by trying to get away gonzo let him go and grabed his hesd and smush his head was flat i cant beleve how strong gonzos jaws are at his age..... oh yah i asked the manager ho old the tegu was when they got him and she said that he was about 1-2 months so that makes him about 9-10 months ....... he ate the mouse :)

Brisamen
03-24-2005, 09:02 PM
Euhm I am not sure what your saying here.
Didnt he eat any hoppers before?

Rams
03-25-2005, 06:06 AM
so your tegu never ate a mouse b4...?.... 9-10 Months old...?...

reptilica1386
03-25-2005, 02:32 PM
i think she said he has eatten pinkys .. but not a hopper .. so way to go gonzo! :P
lauren

TEGUSFORYOU
03-25-2005, 03:17 PM
my tegus would hate me if i didn't feed them mice lol but i know the St Perrie's don't feed there blues anything but crickets for the first year.i feed mine pinkie mice, then rat pinkies and now at 6 months there eating small mice 2 and 3 every other day and close to 50 crickets on off days.tegus cant be filled up lol.my red female ate 9 mice in one setting .i know she should have rats but mice are smaller meals and easier to swallow.but takes allot more to fill them up.and yes the reds get tons of fruit too on off days they get a big bowl of fruit and can tegu food.seem to like pineapple and cantalope best.but a good granny smith is crushed as well.hope it helps
William/Tegus for you

tegu_girl0
03-26-2005, 01:11 AM
yah hes been on mice sence i got him