PDA

View Full Version : free lobster roach colony

CRG
12-10-2006, 10:37 PM
I have a small roach colony I want to get rid of.Anyone want it? If you tell me how to pack it up so I can mail it, its yours..I tried to give it away on Kingsnake but they kept deleting my post :roll:

RehabRalphy
12-10-2006, 11:31 PM
Im in kansas city, where are you

CRG
12-11-2006, 03:00 PM
right out here in Morris county, about 45 min. from Manhattan..Heck you could just come and pick them up if you want.Like I said its a small colony maybe 20 adults but at least a hundred youngsters of various sizes.If noone wants them Im not sure how to dispose of them.

CRG
12-13-2006, 03:18 PM
If you want the roaches let me know I am dumping them at the end of the week if nobody wants them...

Rick
12-13-2006, 03:26 PM
If you no longer want to breed them and no one takes them, you can put them in a plastic container and freeze them overnight. You can either dump them into a plastic bag and throw them away after or you can thaw them to mix into the lean raw turkey during tegu feeding time.

If you get caught releasing them, there may be laws against it. If not, they may use that as an excuse to put mandates in place to ban roaches in your area.

Rick

TheNero
12-13-2006, 10:08 PM
Well if you don't mind shiping to ohio I'd love to take them.

CRG
12-14-2006, 01:05 AM
Sorry Nero I already had someone email me that they wanted them and its first come first serve...Thanks Rick I do have someone to give them to now.I thought about spraying them with bugspray but freezing would have been a better idea...

RehabRalphy
12-14-2006, 03:36 AM
CRG, I can't take them from ya. I wish that I could, but a 3 hour drive for roaches is a little to far away from me. Sorry man.

I do suggest the freezing method for later feedings.

CRG
12-15-2006, 02:18 PM
Dont blame ya.But its all good I found someone to take them..I just dont like dealing with roaches that can climb.Ive switched to Kingworms, much easier to control.