PDA

View Full Version : Gerbils?

CRG
03-07-2007, 12:41 AM
My hubby brought me home a gerbil.He was supposed to get mice but they only had one so he brought home a gerbil too.I decided to keep him cause he is really cool.I might get a female to go with him.Anyone try raising gerbils.I could use the extra babies as feeders or trade them to the petstore for mice..

tegulevi
03-07-2007, 12:58 PM
go for it either way. feed as many varieties of prey as you can get your hands on.

AmeivaBoy
03-08-2007, 01:21 AM
just dont go Richard Gere on the gerbil :D :D :D :D :D

Vexation
03-08-2007, 04:56 AM
just dont go Richard Gere on the gerbil :D :D :D :D :D

ACK!

You HAD to remind me of that, didn't you? :D

CRG
05-18-2007, 08:08 PM
Dont know the Richard Gere thing.Anyway I got sick of waiting for them to get pregnant and decided to just stick with rats.So I get them off...My ball sure liked them and so did my corn.

Dog Shrink
01-22-2011, 05:40 AM
Breeding gerbils is an interesting hobby. Here's a great link on the matter. I wanted to start breeding gerbils for my son's ball python. They definitely don't breed like rats or mice. Granted this link is from the American Gerbil society, those who breed gerbils for show, so you can disregard some of the gerbil hugging rhetoric but it gives you a lot of great info on breeding and colony care.

http://www.agsgerbils.org/Learn/Gerbil_Care_Handbook/breeding.php#breeding

Woops just saw this thread was from 2007. Think I'm a little late to help. Oh well maybe it'll help the next person considering a gerbil feeding colony. They really are prolific breeder since they have to mate to give birth.