PDA

View Full Version : frozen rodents on west coast?

Craigo
03-23-2007, 12:14 AM
I'm still in the research phase and have done some pricing for shipping of frozen feeders. As any of you who do this know, it's pretty pricey. Anyone know of any reputable feeder breeders on the west coast? If so, can you put up a link or other information?

thanks,
Craigo

reddawg
03-24-2007, 12:40 AM
Wormman.com

I've gotten crix and worms from him. They were great. I haven't tried the mice yet.

Vexation
04-01-2007, 09:12 AM
Wormman.com is so expensive...

ShadowLurker
04-01-2007, 03:06 PM
Hey
I've been ordering from LLLreptile for years now. There customer service and pricing is excellent. There website is LLLreptile.com , they are located in the San Diego area. A few months back, my order of 100 mice was delivered late due to the carrier. Upon arrival the mice were thawed out. I called them and they shipped another 100 mice at no charge. Now thats customer service. I recommend them completely.

chelvis
04-02-2007, 06:53 AM
I have to admit with ShadowLurker. I've been ordering from LLL for years now, both back in San Diego when it was a short drive and even now that i moved to northern cali i still order from them. What i like is u don't have to order 1,000's unless u want to. Now i wouldn't go to them for pet reptiles as they have so many animals at their stores they dont know too much about thier stock history. For supplies and feeders tho i recomend them.

As for feeder incects though... personal i use nyworms. Hands down best place for superworms, mealies, crix and roachs in my opinion.

holygouda
04-02-2007, 07:49 AM
Being in southern california now, I buy my mice from lllreptile. They are the best in the area. I drive an hour to get there about once a month to pick up food(because places near me are horrible). And I would have to disagree with chelvis about their animals. The animals they have there are very good quailty. Yes they have a lot of them, but they always seem alert and healthy. Much more than I can say for most of the reptile shops out there.

When I was living in the bay area, I bought my mice at the East Bay Vivarium. I think they raised their prices while I was going there(and are a little pricey), but I believe in supporting the shops that are actually taking good care of their animals.

chelvis
04-02-2007, 05:08 PM
LOL, sorry i didn't mean thier animals where terrible but im use to getting my animals stright from breeders. In so-cal i think there is only one other reptile store that can even compare to LLL in price and animal quality. Still there is no better way to insure the quality of the animal then stright from a breeder. I'm just picky i guess, but when your going to use the animals as breeders you want to know everything about them. As far as pet quality goes yes they have A++ animals and even some A breeders. Sorry if i made it sound like they were the equivilant of a reptile petco.

Craigo
01-18-2008, 05:42 AM
A very late thank you to all who replied! I've been away from the forum for months and just got back. Appreciate the information.

Thanks again,
Craigo

Loudog760
12-14-2008, 09:17 AM
Where's this other place in socal for mice?