PDA

View Full Version : Tegu not opening eyes and yawning

mantis
06-11-2007, 03:52 PM
Not sure what is wrong, here are his symptoms

Not moving around very well almost paralyzed. I can pick him up and cradle him like a baby. Not like him at all

Not eating

Barely opening his eyes

Yawning continuously

What I have tried, Changed his UVA/UVB bulb only has a month of operation on it. Mixing calcium and vitamins with water and using a syringe to inject into his mouth. Been doing this for about a month no change

Temp is fine, humidity is fine

Not sure what to do

Thank you for any help

DaveDragon
06-11-2007, 04:09 PM
How old is he?? Weight, length??

Sounds like a respiratory infection and/or a heavy load of parasites. You should get him to a herp vet ASAP.

We've been feeding ours (with a syringe) stage 1 meat baby food and vanilla Activia yogurt (this brand has the natural bacteria required for digestion) for the past 2 weeks. That, and a dose of medication from the vet, has helped his appetite and alertness tremendously.

mantis
06-11-2007, 05:22 PM
he is about 2 years old and almost 3' head to tail. Anyone know of a good vet in the MA area?

thanks in advance
Chris

DaveDragon
06-11-2007, 05:43 PM
he is about 2 years old and almost 3' head to tail. Anyone know of a good vet in the MA area?

thanks in advance
Chris
I don't know, but what town do you live in?? Unless you want to drive all over the state.

This would be a good start. http://www.herpvetconnection.com/mass.shtml

mantis
06-11-2007, 05:54 PM
thanks for the site, the guy in westborough sounds like he knows his reptiles and he is right next door.

thanks again
Chris