PDA

View Full Version : I treated myself to some new reps :D

Brisamen
06-05-2005, 04:24 PM
We were going to the largest reptile ...how do you say this? Show? market? oh wel
the largest reptile expo (? ) in the Netherlands; Houten. And I was planning on getting myself a nice little new tortoise. And I did :D
I bought a tiny geochelone elegance...a real cutie and probably a she. And as the python regiuses were over populating the expo I bought myself a tiny one also. I am soooo happy :D
And photo's will come once they are settled in nicely!

Brisamen
06-06-2005, 09:55 AM
Still very happy...my little baby is eating already!!
http://www.www.thetegu.com/modules/Gallery/albums/Brisamen/Foto_383.jpg
http://www.www.thetegu.com/modules/Gallery/albums/Brisamen/Foto_395.jpg
And monty my python (yeah I know...all pythons are called monty...but I like monty as a name also :P)
http://www.www.thetegu.com/modules/Gallery/albums/Brisamen/000_0745.sized.jpg
http://www.www.thetegu.com/modules/Gallery/albums/Brisamen/000_0746.sized.jpg

happy happy joy joy...:D

Rick
06-06-2005, 02:22 PM
That's great! This weekend was my birthday (Sunday the 5th) and a couple days before my parents gave me a small (hatchling) royal (ball) python and yesterday my wife gave me a slightly larger (about 8 months old) royal (ball) python.

Of course the very first thing I did was try to measure and weigh them. Let me state, once for the records, that measuring a 'ball' python is fun. :P

Here are the results:

Ball Python 1 - 06/03/05
65.5 grams (2.3oz) - 17.5 inches

Ball Python 2 - 06/06/05
452 grams (15 oz) - 30.5 inches

They are currently unnamed.

Rick

06-06-2005, 07:05 PM
Happy birthday Rick. I actually just got back from Maine this morning. You had awesome birthday weekend weather (at least down where I was).

That's great! This weekend was my birthday (the 5th) and a couple days before my parents gave me a small (hatchling) royal (ball) python and yesterday my wife gave me a slightly larger (about 8 months old) royal (ball) python.

Of course the very first thing I did was try to measure and weigh them. Let me state, once for the records, that measuring a 'ball' python is fun. :P

Here are the results:

Ball Python 1 - 06/03/05
65.5 grams (2.3oz) - 17.5 inches

Ball Python 2 - 06/06/05
452 grams (15 oz) - 30.5 inches

They are currently unnamed.

Rick

Brisamen
06-06-2005, 08:10 PM
Happy birth day Rick!
I dont know what mine is yet..I think its somewhat 40 cm...and nope I am not sure what that would make him in feet...
I just placed it in his ter and let it go wild on the branch that is in it. And today all it did was sleep, sleep, hide from the flashlight of my digi cam and sleep again :D
Oh well...atleased it looks beautiful while its sleeping ;)
Are you hoping to bread the two?

Rick
06-07-2005, 01:51 AM
Happy birth day Rick!

Thanks

I dont know what mine is yet..I think its somewhat 40 cm...and nope I am not sure what that would make him in feet...

According to Google Calculator "40 centimeters = 15.7480315 in" So, 40cm is a bit over 1 foot.

I just placed it in his ter and let it go wild on the branch that is in it. And today all it did was sleep, sleep, hide from the flashlight of my digi cam and sleep again :D

The Royal/Ball Python is not a really active snake during the day, but during the evenings if your temp & humidity is good it should move around some.

Oh well...atleased it looks beautiful while its sleeping ;)

I will get some pics up in the next hour or so of mine.

Are you hoping to bread the two?

I guess thats what is expected since mom & dad got me a male a my wife got me a female. Not that it will hurt my feelings. Though I have a year or so before I need to decide.

Rick

Rick
06-07-2005, 04:50 AM
Ok, I got side tracked, but here is a picture of my two royal (ball) pythons. There is another picture of them as well as their temporary enclosure in my "Other Photos" albums.

I named the male (smaller of the two) 'Togo' and the female (larger of the two) 'Ghana'.

<center>http://www.www.thetegu.com/modules/Gallery/albums/album83/Togo_and_Ghana.sized.jpg</center>

Rick

Brisamen
06-07-2005, 05:55 AM
they look like big snakes in that picture...but the largest is smaller then mine...I can't imagine holding a snake smaller then mine.
Little squirly wurms :D
And humidity is still a guess here as the thing i bought to keep an eye on that seems not to be working properly...it says the humidity outside the enclosure is 66% and inside is 30....So I am geussing its the other way around...
I will have to buy a proper one but can't before thursday or so :S

I have been so bald to place a tiny chunk of peach infront of my startortoise and..oh no wait...its on the wrong end of it...lol
there..now I'm gonna watch it munch away :D

Rick
06-07-2005, 11:32 AM
The smaller of the pythons is just barely a little larger then yours.

The smaller one is 17.5 inches (about 44.45 centimeters) but yes, it seems to tiny in my hands. ;)

Rick

Brisamen
06-07-2005, 02:33 PM
Puh...so yours is bigger huh?
always the same with males...why do they always have to have the biggest :P
*takes out her lineaal (what is the name of that thing in english anyway?) and weighing dish*

Well I masured monty and hes 42 cm and weighs 64 grams :P
My little baby star is 28 gram and a whooping 4,9 cm now aint that cute?

Rick
06-07-2005, 06:48 PM
*takes out her lineaal (what is the name of that thing in english anyway?) and weighing dish*

Is that a ruler? (measuring ruler)

Rick

charlene
06-07-2005, 07:51 PM
Great choice for a name brisamen...same as my arg B+W lol.

Charlene

Brisamen
06-08-2005, 06:12 AM
@ Rick...yes! Ruler...now why didnt I think of that name...I seriously need to chat in english more again..
@Charlene...Ah so that was you! I knew someone had an teju by that name but didnt know who it was anymore...(and was to lazy to search for it :P)

varnyard
07-06-2005, 07:10 AM
Happy Birthday Rick, Looks like you made out good. Nice looking ball pythons. My wife's birthday was the third (varnette). She wishes you the best as well! :)