PDA

View Full Version : Broken Leg?!?!

Trek
08-07-2007, 02:47 AM
Today I was holding my tegu when he suddenly jumped off of my shoulder and fell about 5 feet. Immediately afterwards he seemed fine yet shaken up. But after about 5 minutes one of his rear legs was slipping and not helping him walk. When I tried to pick him up to put him back in his cage, I guess I accidentally touched his leg because he hissed and ran away. I eventually had to carefully put him in a paper bag and transport him back to his cage. I am afraid his leg is broken. What should I do?

mvskokee
08-07-2007, 03:21 AM
go to the vet

chelvis
08-07-2007, 06:00 AM
the best thing is to take him to a vet. Chances are they are going to want to take an X-ray. If you opt not to have that done then thy most likly just split it to his body. I would not splint yourself though becuase if done wrong it'll more danmage in the long run.

Trek
08-07-2007, 05:35 PM
does anyone know a price on a splint. And I think his leg might be dislocated instead of broken because it doesn't look broken and he isn't even trying to use it anymore.

BeachBabe
08-07-2007, 07:22 PM
does anyone know a price on a splint. And I think his leg might be dislocated instead of broken because it doesn't look broken and he isn't even trying to use it anymore.

did u take him to the vet ? if it is dislocated the worst thing to do is try to pop it in urself u can cause some seriouse damage if u dont have the proper training ( plus it can always pop out again ). Im not sure if the splint will do ? most likley if u take him to the vet they will pop it back in the right way ,and probably put a cast on him. trust me the vet is the way to go !

Trek
08-09-2007, 07:37 PM
today he started walking on the leg again, and the more he walked around the better he looked!