PDA

View Full Version : Scary !!!!!!!!!! and FREAKY !!!!!!!!! O0o0o0H ! and sad !

BeachBabe
08-17-2007, 05:44 AM
:cry: my sisters male mouse just ate the females head off !!!! :cry: she was pregnate and ready to give birth but we just got home so we didnt have time to save her. :( it was discusting ! and it looked like somthing from a horror movie ! have u ever heard of this ?!??!?

BeachBabe
08-17-2007, 05:46 AM
oh yeah we well my dad was extremly mad when he saw that and .. well ... he took care of the male mouse : / :cry: sad but fair ...

( " A life for A life " )

black-dragon
08-17-2007, 01:27 PM
ya, one of the baby mice we had ate his friend and we were out the whole day and when we got home it smelled so bad.

JeCh
08-17-2007, 04:51 PM
Now before i say anything stupid, these were feeders? or pets?

Swtbrat
08-17-2007, 08:51 PM
have u ever heard of this ?!??!?

Yes it's called nature.
Animals do some pretty gross stuff like eat each other and/or their own young.

Brat!

BeachBabe
08-17-2007, 09:28 PM
those were my lil sis and big sisters pets but my dad said if the girl has babies i can feed them to my tegu ( they were pets) . Ya i know its nature i just have never seen or hearded or that

BeachBabe
08-17-2007, 09:34 PM
im going to be a vet !!! so what we did to the female was i did an autopsy !!! it stunk ! ( my dads and orthapetic so he had scaple and gloves it was so kool ) he taught me about the organs and we even took out the babies ( 8 of em) we even cut into the chest cavity and saw her heart .

im going to be a herp vet and im not sure what else im still trying to figure that out .

Swtbrat
08-17-2007, 10:13 PM
Be smart and go for something you will love to do for a lifetime.
Seems most people are stuck in jobs they hate.
If you can do what you want and be happy doing it,you'll have a great life. :lol:

Brat!

rigo
08-17-2007, 10:30 PM
this happened to my friend's brother. he had 3 pets rats the he neglected to feed :evil: and the 2 bigger ones decided to make a feast out of the smaller one. this kind of thing just happens. plus if you ever check out those overpopulated mice tanks at petco you'll see some pretty twisted stuff!

ps- true on the doing what you love thing. :P

mike
08-17-2007, 10:36 PM
Yeah, mice will do weird things. The mother sometimes eats her babies. Go figure.

Wolf-hound
08-19-2007, 09:30 PM
It could be she died(pregnancy complications) and he just started eating her afterwards too.
Rodents do these things. Sometimes it means that something is off in either the enclosure set up, or the diet. But sometimes it's just mice being mice. I think most times the dead rodent just died, then got eaten. Were their wounds OTHER than where he was eating? (Asking only because you said you did a impromtu autopsy)
I hope you make it through vet college, it's hard work, but I bet if you love the work, it'd seem easier! Good luck!! We need more good herp vets!

JeCh
08-20-2007, 04:15 AM
i love animals.. i love money too... being a vet might be a tough decision for me. Plus realistically, veterinarian med school is more difficult than regular med school :(

BeachBabe
08-20-2007, 09:34 PM
It could be she died(pregnancy complications) and he just started eating her afterwards too.
Rodents do these things. Sometimes it means that something is off in either the enclosure set up, or the diet. But sometimes it's just mice being mice. I think most times the dead rodent just died, then got eaten. Were their wounds OTHER than where he was eating? (Asking only because you said you did a impromtu autopsy)
I hope you make it through vet college, it's hard work, but I bet if you love the work, it'd seem easier! Good luck!! We need more good herp vets!

yeah it could be she died of pregnacy complications and then he ate her.ummmmm their diet was fine and i dont think their was anything up wit the enclosure. Thanks !!! i plan to be the best herp vet ever !!! :D i love animals and i would do anything to help them through their bad times ... and i know i would be the happiest woman in the world when i succesfully helped an animal and an owner in need. but i would be very sad when an animal passes away ... at least i know i did everything i can

chelvis
08-20-2007, 10:09 PM
LOL my hamster actully ate the head off my other hamster, the wierd thing was they weren't even in the same living quarters, he had atacked and killed the other one through the bars. Sometimes these things just happen.

i love animals.. i love money too... being a vet might be a tough decision for me. Plus realistically, veterinarian med school is more difficult than regular med school.

Vet school isn't nessisarly harder then med school its just harder to get into becuase there are fewer of them. I have to apply in a year and i'm not looking forward to it, lol. But there is nothing better then doing something you love. If you love money ten become a surgan, they make the big bucks.

JeCh
08-21-2007, 03:28 AM
being a surgeon is stressful, just one attack of hiccups and youre in trouble! well its not that bad.

good luck with getting into veterinary med school :D

TokayK
08-21-2007, 11:55 PM
I have heard how difficult it is to become a vet (sister-in-law is in school, I work with vets & residents, as well as others who plan on going to vet school), BUT, if you have something (anything) that you dream about doing, go for it! all the work and time will be worth it! I volunteered for nearly three years at my zoo, because I wanted to be a zookeeper... the day I got the call that they hired me was one of the best ever :D ...(the day I began training in the reptile house is a close second!! :wink: ) even though I took a massive pay cut, following my dream was the right way to go! Have you considered being a zoo vet? It is difficult to get into, but just think of all the different animals you could work with! :D

BeachBabe
08-21-2007, 11:59 PM
actually yes i have ! im still considering that one

TokayK
08-22-2007, 12:10 AM
There's also being a vet tech, it does'nt pay as much, but there is not as much school required, one of the other zookeepers just got her vet tech license, and is being interviewed for a position at the San Diego Wild Animal Park hospital. we also have a full time vet tech in our zoo hospital, she helps out with all the check ups...of course she also has to deal with every single fecal sample (with over 800 animals, thats alot of poop! :lol: ). Either way, you realize how cool life is when you're getting to pet a jaguar without having to worry about him trying to kill you! :) . Okay, you get to see that part as a zookeeper...yes, thats one of the reasons I became one! That,and holding tiger cubs, handling gorgeous snakes, planning frog, hyena, and otter exhibits, and giving all the animals stuff to play with...sorry :oops: , I sorta wen't off on a tangent there.