PDA

View Full Version : Rescue

John
06-15-2005, 06:59 PM
Well I get a call from my brother in law. He's got a 3 1/2-4ft argus monitor he caught out in the parking lot. Well i have her now (I think it's a girl). I'm currently looking for a good home for her. Sure this is cool but at the same time.....not good for the natural environment! Here is a pic:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v306/JLExotics/Monitors/Argus.jpg

DeadIrishD
06-15-2005, 08:26 PM
damn if you were not in Florida I would take her in, in a heart beat she's gorgious.

Teiidae
06-15-2005, 09:05 PM
Wow pretty big - Sad probably somene just gave her the boot :?

John
06-15-2005, 09:14 PM
She hisses alot but tonight when I go home I'm getting some gloves and going to hold her and see if she bites LOL. I need to find a good home for her....Really wish I could keep her!!! I have a feeling she's a sweet heart, just needs a little time.

DeadIrishD
06-15-2005, 10:13 PM
heh... I'd be a bitch too if I was a pet someone no longer wanted so they threw me away, like a piece of trash. I am not saying that it deffinitly happend that way for all I know she could have the nicest owners ever out there looking for her, but a majority of the time people love to dump their reptiles all because they did not put much thought into it before they had bought it, and did not do there research.

I hope all works out, and for ****s and giggles can you find out the shipping cost from there to 03801, as of right now I do not have a job but am probably going to get one soon, if everything goes good I will take her and set her up in a temp cage, or try and find someone who can hold onto her until I can get a perfect incloser set up.

that is of course if you would want to ship her/him

ElliotJasChief
06-16-2005, 12:53 AM
wow - thats a nice looking monitor - I'd bet it was bought by someone who didn't know how big it got. :( *sigh*

There needs to be a test you have to pass to buy anything larger than a bearded dragon

DeadIrishD
06-16-2005, 01:24 AM
I'm not saying this would be right, but I can picture if someone bought to many anoles, and dumped them down in Florida because lets be honest theres a good chance, that they will surviveeasy down there, compared to most lizards, but a lizard with the intelligence of a tegu, or monitor that makes me :(

varnyard
06-16-2005, 06:05 AM
I live in panama city florida, I would be glad to give her a good home.
I have three acres large outdoor inclosures, as well as large indoor inclosures. I have other large monitors, savannah, niles, and black throats.

John
06-16-2005, 10:17 PM
She had to go the night I caught her as I didn't have any sort of caging or anything. I took her to some friends at Underground Reptiles. They will probably resell her but atleast she will find a good home where she is wanted. I wish I could have kept her! She ended up being real calm and I let her climb all over me! One day....

varnyard
06-17-2005, 04:43 AM
Well at least she not runninr loose, and will have a home thanks anyway, and thanks for the up date

John
06-17-2005, 07:55 PM
I would of rather had her go to a permant home but not being able to keep her overnight just wouldn't have worked out. I'm sure she'll find a good home!