PDA

View Full Version : A couple firsts!

crawldad
09-23-2007, 12:29 AM
My first post here, and my first Tegu is on its' way from Alabama.
A little introduction first. I am 46, a father of 4 awsome kids, and have been married just shy of 20 yrs.. I have always had "critters". My father had allergies to fur and feathers, and was always told NO when dogs, followed me home. But, no one ever said no to frogs, snakes ,turtles, bugs, or any of the local critters I'd collect.
I can't remember a time when I didn't have at least one "exotic" pet. I / We currently care for many snakes, lizards, frogs, tarantulas, scorpions, and 1 Dog.
I enjoy teaching people about animal diversity, usually through School Visits with part of our collection.
As mentioned, I have my first Tegu on its' way. It is from Bert at Agama International. He is a B&W Argintene, and we are VERY excited to have him join our family. The Online research that I have done, has brought me here, and I already feel right at home. I am following many of the suggestions and tips provided here, and will start my own little thread of our Tegu's arrival and life with us.
If you care to, many of our animals are pictured at this thread http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=58632 , on Arachnoboards. Take care, Michael

neenerd
09-27-2007, 01:48 PM
Congrats! I'm jealous - I'm still in research phase, haven't even chosen a breeder yet. And wow you weren't kidding about having a lot of critters. Very cool photos - but was I the only one thinking I need to look down and lift my feet off the ground? lol I think spiders are beautiful and fascinating - at a distance. I'm generally too chicken to have them up close and personal. I would enjoy watching them in their enclosures but i'd have a heartattack if one got out. omg....With all those do you also breed the food (crickets, etc)?

txrepgirl
10-17-2007, 03:26 AM
Hi welcome.You did a good job with geting the arg.tegu.We have a arg.black and white tegu.We got him when he was about three weeks to a month old and we had him three weeks now.I love him soooo much.He is a great pat,very easy to tame,very funy and he loves lean ground turkey with the calcium powder.I'm trying to figure out how to use the computer so i can put some pictures up,too.Good luck with him or her :lol:
P.s he sits on my shoulders now when I walk around the house :D