PDA

View Full Version : cute 'n cuddly :)

Brisamen
06-25-2005, 08:59 PM
This is Eddie, our new furry.
And very tired after playing with our dog and chasing the cat trough the living room. He fel asleep while playing :)
http://img95.echo.cx/img95/1989/dsc003186rk.jpg

charlene
06-25-2005, 10:00 PM
Is that a ferret?? Very cute critter. We have one also but I find they smell quite bad regardless of how often the cage is cleaned. They have a fun personality though.

Charlene

ElliotJasChief
06-26-2005, 05:03 AM
I had a ferret...long story short -

chief tried to eat it 8O
it went back to the pet store :(

Brisamen
06-26-2005, 08:16 AM
Woops..
tegu's and ferret's dont mix well I guess..
And yes Eddie is a ferret.
And if you sterelise a ferret the odur will be gone for 80% (unless they are stressed or frightend) And a bath every 5 to 6 weeks will clean up any smells that stick with him when he had a little stress and thus some odur..

They are little clowns and master escaping
We will be gone for some hours today...I hope I wont find any plants out of their pots and tipped over when we get back...that will meen I have to go search for a little furry escape...and who knows where he fell asleep by then... :P

Teiidae
06-26-2005, 12:44 PM
Cute fuzzy - Keep it away from the Tegu 8O

Brisamen
06-26-2005, 07:53 PM
This is a fuzzy thats ment to be a pet not breakfast dinner or evening snack ;)
And our tegu's are behind thick glas when Eddies out to play so its NP :)

Teiidae
06-28-2005, 06:51 PM
This is a fuzzy thats ment to be a pet not breakfast dinner or evening snack ;)
And our tegu's are behind thick glas when Eddies out to play so its NP :)

I know it's not meant to be food silly, but the Tegu might think otherwise :wink:

Brisamen
06-28-2005, 08:01 PM
I know you know, you know :P

nogard
07-17-2005, 08:24 AM
helping with your ferrets odor, with mine I give bandit a soil/dirt bath with no water and then just fluff the dirt off their fur. In my opinion my ferret, "bandit" is my absolute favorite pet ever. He is almost ten so I have had him for a long time, He is in the golden ages now, all he wants to do is cuddle, and eat, but he still finds his way to his litter box every time, and hasnt missed in about 8 years. Man when he is gone I am going to miss him. Back to the odor, I use unscented kitty litter, that is dust free, and change it evey two days and I dont use marshall ferret food, in my case I find it to make his stools loose and very smelly. I use wet ferret food at the age he is now, and cannot remember the old brand I used, I will post after I go to the pet store to figure it out. I need to figure out how to get my camera software working, so i can post some picks, He is still the only pet I love showing to my friends and family
thanks
tony butler

Brisamen
07-17-2005, 11:08 AM
Well that post shows the love you have for this little fellar.
sounds like me and rocha (little black cat)...shes 14 now and I have had her for 11 years.
She came to me when she was all messed up after being with a man who mistreated her and a familie with 4 other cats that were pestering her that much that she didnt want to walk on the floor of the house...
She was really scared and needed some really calm and no force care. I had her for half a year before she wouldn't be scared when I would stick my hand towards her to pet her...she lived underneath a closed for the first 3 weeks and only came out when we were gone to do her busness and eat.
I completely left it to her if she wanted to come and get pet or not.
And she turned out to be the most loving and cuddly pet you can imagine! She even played with my other 2 cats after that half a year of calmness and was a great companion to my first cat.
I hope she will be with me for another 10 years...but she had her share of problems troughout her life and I dont know how this will efect her lifespan. Everytime she goes from quite a normall weight to really thin as to when you can feel every bone in her spine (and shes tiny also) back to a normal weight again...scaring me a bit every time...But shes a reall cutie....she only doesnt like the fact that Eddie came to live with us as he likes to wash her ears and play with her :P

shawnathon
07-18-2005, 05:58 PM
I would love a ferret and unfortuneately they are illegal in callifornia and i am not into the pet smuggling trade.

Rick
07-19-2005, 01:08 AM
The main ferret problem we had was they were in a tall 5 level cage made by "Stone". It was metal wire and worked well, but the tegus would not do their 'thing' in the bottom level were the litter was. Instead they would get into the litter, lay their head down under the litter and run.. causing litter to scatter all over the room. But worse yet, when they needed to go to the bathroom they would good level 2 through 5, back up to one wall of the enclosure and let it go so it landed outside the enclosure, on the run, wall, furniture, poor dog, whatever was there.

Ferrets found a new home with a woman with lots of love and time.

Rick

Brisamen
07-19-2005, 06:13 AM
Rick you adict you!
Your talking about ferrets then they are tegu's again and then ferrets again!!!
:lol:

With some time and effort you can train them to be litterbox trained.
Mine doesnt go anywhere else *knocks on wood*
Well exept next to the litter box when he pushed out the gravel in it a bit and it laying next to the litter box also...