PDA

View Full Version : My first Tegu... Although I haven't seen much of him yet!

Cyrusdust
10-18-2007, 05:43 AM
Hello everybody! I just purchased my first tegu a few weeks ago! He is an Argentine Red now known as Dresden. He promptly went into hibernation after I brought him home, so I'll just let him sleep for now. I'm so excited I found this site and look forward to reading through this forum and talking with Tegu loving people. How neat!

I also have a bunch of beautiful snakes (mostly carpet pythons and boa constrictors), Tanganyikan cichlids, more than a few crazy cats, some blue rats, a couple doggies, and a small herd of horses. I also love plants and am currently studying to be a botanist. Yeah for biology! LOL
-Meg

Dresden's first day home (don't mind my dry skin :D)
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e257/Cyrusdust/Sept2007172.jpg[/img]

Swtbrat
10-18-2007, 08:29 AM
Welcome to the Tegu forum and he is beautiful!

One of mine is now hibernating and the other is slowing down.
I'll miss them. :cry:

Brat!

Cyrusdust
12-21-2007, 06:18 AM
Don't you just miss them when they go to sleep for so long?!

txrepgirl
12-21-2007, 12:05 PM
:D he is so cute.Leonidas still comes out almost every day.He gets up earlier than usual but also goes to bed sooner,too.Zeus he sleeps for like 2 or 3 days and than he comes out basks,plays,poops and goes back to sleep.Leonidas still eats like a pig.Zeus doesn't eat at all since the last 3 days.How did you come up with his name ? good luck with him.Please do not feed him in his tank.Oh,welcome to the Tegu forum (family).Hope you are going to enjoy this site as much as I have.Take care and Merry Christmas.

Cyrusdust
12-24-2007, 03:14 AM
Thank you! And Merry Christmas to you as well! As for the name... I have always really liked the name Dresden. There is Harry Dresden from the Jim Butcher novels, but I named him after the Mayan Dresden Codex. Which were named after the town in Germany that was bombed in WWII.

Thank you soo much for the warm welcome! Do you have any pics posted on here of your babies? How big are they by the way?

txrepgirl
12-24-2007, 03:35 AM
Your welcome.I'm from Germany that is why I asked how you came up with the name Dresden.I have two arg. bw. Tegus.Leonidas is about 5 months old and Zeus is 8 1/2 months old.We got Leonidas when he was just 2 1/2 weeks old.Zeus we got him about 2 or 3 weeks ago.Time goes by so fast.I don't know much about computers so I'm still waiting for my boyfriend to help me with posting some pictures on here.Have you ever been to Germany ?

Cyrusdust
12-24-2007, 04:51 AM
I haven't ever been to Germany. It would be really neat to get a chance to go there some day. I haven't ever had the money to do much traveling other than road trips and have only been out of the country once when I tagged along on a business trip to Curacao with my dad. So have you been to Dresden? I'm looking forward to seeing some pics; so when you get them up let me know. I really wanted a B&W, but I just fell in love with this little red... maybe in the future I will get a B&W. What about the names for your Tegus? I saw on your other post about your little guy eating the mulch and getting an impaction. I'm glad that he cleared it and is doing good. Thanks for the advice!

WhiskeyTango
12-24-2007, 05:14 AM
Welcome!!!!

That is a very pretty tegu!Good luck with him/her :)

txrepgirl
12-24-2007, 03:29 PM
Your welcome.No,I have never been to Dresden before.My 5 months old Tegu (that was impacted) is Leonidas.Our new Tegu 8 1/2 months old is Zeus.They are both arg. bw.Tegus.I never thought I would fall in love with them that much.They are the coolest Lizards I ever had.