PDA

View Full Version : Old Post, '05 Tegu Hatchlings

Rick
07-04-2005, 03:51 AM
As posted on the front page of www.thetegu.com, I will soon have some '05 tegu hatchlings for sale. Active members of The Tegu Community and members of the Maine Herp Society will get a substantial discount over what I will be charging locally.

I will post pictures with an ID number for the tegu hatchlings so instead of paying and getting whatever gets shipped, you will be able to choose the tegu you like and that one will be shipped to you.

Pricing for the general public will start at $75 plus shipping.

Pricing for active members of The Tegu Community and Maine Herp Society members will start at $50 plus shipping.

The price will go up as the supply goes down, so be sure to order one soon! :)

Update: I have been asked about prepaying for first dibs. Yes, if you wish to send payment now and have your tegu shipped out as soon as possible, I will make sure those who prepay get first dibs (choice of litter) based on whose payment I receive first. Keep in mind that personal checks need to be held ten days to clear.

For more information you can contact me at this address:

<u>s a l e s @ t h e t e g u . c o m</u>

or you can post questions here and I will reply ASAP.

Rick

morbidkitty
07-04-2005, 03:57 AM
how many are available and what email address do i use to send the money using paypal? would they be available sometime this week or next?

Rick
07-04-2005, 04:41 AM
They should be available any time. I'd guess between now and two weeks.

I don't have a paypal set up specifically for this as I expected to do checks or money orders (or cash for those who plan on attending the Portland Maine Reptile Expo were I will be vending in August) but if you are interested just email me at s a l e s @ t h e t e g u . c o m and I will email you paypal info.

Rick

Brisamen
07-04-2005, 10:00 AM
Man! 50 dollar and here we have to pay 150 euro or something!
And the dollar and euro's arent that far apart either :S
Good luck with the sales Rick :)
Oh and make pics just for fun to!!

alexisonfire
07-04-2005, 11:31 AM
i would love to get one i would send the money right now but you deffinatly live to far away to ship me one!

alexisonfire
07-04-2005, 11:52 AM
actually rick i just read another poast mentioning the eastern part of canada. does this mean you live in or near maine? because i live in newfoundland ( most eastern province/ island) so mabey there is a chance i could get one if so please send details ASAP because i've been trying to get one since febuary!!
tylerwalsh14@hotmail . com

Teiidae
07-04-2005, 03:22 PM
How will they be shipped, and any idea for price to 80221 ?

Rick
07-04-2005, 03:31 PM
actually rick i just read another poast mentioning the eastern part of canada. does this mean you live in or near maine? because i live in newfoundland ( most eastern province/ island) so mabey there is a chance i could get one if so please send details ASAP because i've been trying to get one since febuary!!
tylerwalsh14@hotmail . com

I live in Maine. If you come down from Canada through Jackman, then Bingham, Solon, Skowhegan.. I could meet you right there and you could save some shipping and it would be a straight route for you and it's a nice summer drive too. With no shipping you could afford two!! :)
Rick

Rick
07-04-2005, 03:44 PM
How will they be shipped, and any idea for price to 80221 ?

They will be shipped by the standard method for shipping reptiles. I will not ship any other way because I do not want to risk the lives of these tegus to save a dollar here or there.

I have no way of currently calculating an exact cost for shipping, but I estimate it will be $30 to $40 within the US states.

Rick

Teiidae
07-04-2005, 03:54 PM
ok the fiance says it's a go :) Have credit card in hand - Can you pm me the link to your paypal, or e-mail me - mikephvac@hotmail.com - We will pay up front to include the shipping :wink:

Rick
07-04-2005, 04:16 PM
ok the fiance says it's a go :) Have credit card in hand - Can you pm me the link to your paypal, or e-mail me - mikephvac@hotmail.com - We will pay up front to include the shipping :wink:

You've got mail! :)

Rick

Teiidae
07-04-2005, 04:36 PM
Sold - You've got money :D

alexisonfire
07-04-2005, 04:56 PM
i would love to be able to drive down and pick it up personally but the thing is i am on my work term and work 45 hours a week so getting time off would affect my grade in the work term if it's possible to send it here through any means i will cover all charges!

Rick
07-04-2005, 05:03 PM
i would love to be able to drive down and pick it up personally but the thing is i am on my work term and work 45 hours a week so getting time off would affect my grade in the work term if it's possible to send it here through any means i will cover all charges!

I will check into it. I am unsure if there will be a hassle sending live animals from the US to Canada. I have never done that before.

Rick

alexisonfire
07-04-2005, 05:51 PM
it is most appreciated for your actual reply and effort weather or not you can send me one!
i am actually finding it impossible to get one here!

DeadIrishD
07-04-2005, 06:27 PM
I got the money to get two, now all I need to do is find a ride to the show :)

Rick
07-04-2005, 08:19 PM
Well, I'll see you there then. If you have a way of sending the money ahead of time you will be able to pick the ones you want before other people grab the ones they want. So far 2 people will get to choose before everyone else once the pictures are up.

You can send a check, money order, use paypal or just wait for the expo if you want.

Rick

DeadIrishD
07-04-2005, 08:46 PM
I'll tell you after I see the pictures, right now I am leaning more towards waiting for the expo as I would like to be more suprised, but if theres two that I absolutley HAVE to HAVE than I'll send the $$$ out in advanced.

alexisonfire
07-05-2005, 11:12 AM
any word yet on shipping to canada?

Rick
07-05-2005, 05:51 PM
alexisonfire:

I did check with my local UPS and had to call the UPS international office. UPS does not ship live animals internationally. :( Sorry.

Rick

varnyard
07-05-2005, 06:07 PM
The tegus you will be getting from Rick, are out of the same stock as these. I have three from this stock and they are all very nice, and easy to tame. As you can see they are great looking argentine black n white tegus.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/varnyard/1Female017.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/varnyard/2FemaleArg08.jpg

Teiidae
07-05-2005, 06:21 PM
They are great looking Tegu's. I am very excited as I have yet to see any Argentines in any Rep stores here in Colorado - Just Colombians - Also the fact of knowing it's birth date and raising it from a baby is exciting, and being able to tame it, unlike my Colombian :)

DeadIrishD
07-05-2005, 06:27 PM
wait vanyard, they will be the same size as thoes, or will they be smaller?

varnyard
07-05-2005, 06:31 PM
The one you will get will be hatchlings. But from the same stock as these.
I have some out of the same stock, They are easy to tame and as good as you will find anywhere, these pictures are proof of them. And just how good they are.

alexisonfire
07-05-2005, 07:19 PM
ahhhhh poo
thanks anyway

ElliotJasChief
07-05-2005, 08:52 PM
relax...they grow quick 8O

Argentina0426
07-05-2005, 10:58 PM
hey rick...

I really want to get a tegu from you, but I'm afraid I would not have the time to take care of two tegus right now.

however I would buy one from you today if you think you could help me find a good home my golden phased... As you can see in my album, he has a great color and is very tame...never bitten once, and I hold him and let him run around my room every day.

Rick
07-06-2005, 01:34 AM
hey rick...

I really want to get a tegu from you, but I'm afraid I would not have the time to take care of two tegus right now.

however I would buy one from you today if you think you could help me find a good home my golden phased... As you can see in my album, he has a great color and is very tame...never bitten once, and I hold him and let him run around my room every day.

Try posting a picture or two of him being held in the classifieds forum along with what you want for him. Colombians are hard to get rid of, even the rare tame ones. I do recall someone was looking for a calm golden tegu on the forum somewhere.

Rick

Chizzow
07-13-2005, 01:22 AM
alexisonfire:

I did check with my local UPS and had to call the UPS international office. UPS does not ship live animals internationally. :( Sorry.

Rick

hey rick, does this mean there is no chance you can ship them to Canada?

Rick
07-13-2005, 01:45 AM
UPS will not ship live animals internationally (from the US to Canada) and I will guess that Fedex will be the same. My understanding that there is a lot of paperwork involved with shipping live animals over the border, which is why no one else is shipping there either. If there was a relativley simple way for me to do so I would.

My understanding is that they are fairly hard to get up there (and sell for as much as $300), but that they are legal to own. If someone in Canada, near the US border to Maine could find out how to legally bring some tegus over the border via vehicle, I would be more then willing to drive some tegus up to the border. They could then turn around and sell them and make a few bucks while also helping the Canadians get their hands on some tegus.

Rick

Rick
07-13-2005, 02:14 AM
I am looking into seeing what is involved with me legally crossing the border with some tegus. I will keep you Canadians posted. Remember, if I drive all the way to Canada to ship out some tegus from that side I expect someone to meet me for a night on the town. :)

Rick

Rick
07-13-2005, 02:16 AM
I have some '05 tegu hatchlings for sale.

These tegu hatchlings are only $75 each!!

Active members of The Tegu Community and members of the Maine Herp Society will be charged only $50 plus shipping.

The price will go up as the supply goes down, so be sure to order soon!

This weekend I will try to post pictures with an ID number for each tegu hatchling so instead of paying and getting whatever gets shipped, you will be able to choose the tegu you like and that one will be shipped to you.

Status: <font color="red">The hatchings have all been hatched.</font> The hatchlings should be shipping shortly. I have an appointment to have them all probed for Monday. They should be ready shortly after that. Those who have already prepaid will get theirs shipped first. I will keep you updated.

I will take checks, postal or bank money orders as well as paypal (and creditcard through paypal). Keep in mind that personal checks need to be held ten days to clear.

Note: It would appear I can not easily ship internationally. Sorry. :(

For more information you can contact me at this address:

Rick
s a l e s @ t h e t e g u . c o m

varnyard
07-13-2005, 05:27 AM
Rick is letting us have a great price on these Argentine hatchlings at $50.00 each plus shipping! :)
I done some surfing and this is one price I found. Argentine b n w hatchlings
$100.00 each plus $40.00 shipping. Doing the math, that is $140.00 shipped. As far as I know, that is not sexed.
Thanks Rick, for letting us have them for a much better price :wink:

DeadIrishD
07-13-2005, 06:15 AM
not to mention Rick is also willing to try and get some of them into canada to farther the tegu hobby, so that in itself shows that Rick does not just care about his tegu's but also tegus in general.

Chizzow
07-13-2005, 06:58 AM
hopefully Rick can find a way to get some into Canada, it would definitely make my day and i'm sure everyone else in Canada feels the same :D

Teiidae
07-13-2005, 01:12 PM
Yes - Thanks again Rick - I am very excited about getting my baby Tegu "hopefully next week" - Now I need to get off my butt and finish building my enclosure this weekend :wink:

morbidkitty
07-14-2005, 05:05 PM
agama international are also selling baby argentina tegus for $50...*for a limited time* i dont know for sure *you'll have to check with him* but i think they ship to canada too...

im buying one from bert for a total of $80...*$40 for shipping*

i hope he's got a black head argentina, they are beautiful creatures!

alexisonfire
07-14-2005, 06:05 PM
rick if you came to newfoundland i'd take you downtown st. johns on goerge street were we have the most bars in a square killometer than anywhere else in north america. it's just one huge street with nothing but clubs and bars now thats what i call a night on the town

varnyard
07-15-2005, 07:52 AM
Rick has them for the same price morbidkitty right here.

DeadIrishD
07-15-2005, 06:15 PM
Vanyard, I think what they were trying to say is that they think Bert ships to canada.

varnyard
07-15-2005, 06:27 PM
I don't think Bert does, but if you want I will find out for you.
I know him pretty good.

Rick
07-15-2005, 08:01 PM
Bert makes his shipments via UPS nextday air. UPS policy states "No international shipments of live animals." which is the only reason I can't ship to Canada or I would be more the happy to do so at no additional cost.

Ron also does not make shipments to Canada, probably for the same reason.

I am currently looking into finding out what is required for me to vend at a Canadian reptile expo that I was informed about. If I can get the tegus over there they will be able to be shipped via UPS in Canada to anywhere within Canada.

Rick

07-15-2005, 09:03 PM
I think that Delta Dash will deliver herps to Canada. It's not cheap though. And it requires dropping off and picking up at the airport. But, if you really want tegus shipped from the US, it might be worth looking into.

varnyard
07-15-2005, 09:27 PM
I talked to Bert he said the shipping depends on the (CITES, laws) if they passed, Then it would be up to Canada to let them in (if they would?).
And the cost on top of this is sky high, for permits, shipping And inspection fees etc. He also said he would have to make a trip to Atlanta
Ga to delta.and the cost for the trip alone is $200.00 Because it would take all day.
He did not say that he would not ship, But there is no telling what they would cost to get there. HIGH DOLLAR TEGUS!

varnyard
07-15-2005, 09:36 PM
It might be best to see if Rick can get it done when he finds out about the Canadian reptile expo, it might be cheaper then. The way Bert was talking it will be expensive for him to do.
BUT I TRIED :?

Rick
07-16-2005, 07:42 AM
This thread has been moved here (http://www.thetegu.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=6677#6677) to focus on the sales of these tegus and to move it away from the shipping/canada thread.

So for tegu hatchling sales info go Here (http://www.thetegu.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=6677#6677).

As far as legally getting the tegus into Canada I am looking into it and will start a new thread once I know something.

Rick