PDA

View Full Version : Who are you? Introduction

greentriple
12-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Hello all, it's been great reading everyones posts over the past few weeks. I'm very curious as to who we all are, so let's start a thread on introductions.

My name is Ricardo, I'm 38 years old 8O , live in San Diego California 8) and I'm a criminal defense lawyer :twisted: . I have a wonderful wife :D and a 9 month old son :D . And of course my tegu El Sancho or Che :lol: , you can see pics. of him in the photo section under greentriple.

Now tell us about yourself....

txrepgirl
12-28-2007, 06:58 PM
Hi Ricardo.I'm Samantha.Don't give me the 8O about your age because I'm right behind you :lol: (I'm 35).I live in San Antonio,Texas since 13 years now.I'm from (Bamberg) Germany.A lot of people ask me why I came here so just in case you want to know.I was married to a soldier for 8 years.Right now I'm going to school to become a Home Inspector.I have a great son who is 13 years old ( to sad they grow up so fast :cry: ,so enjoy yours while you can :wink: ) and a boyfriend (Bryan).We have been together now for 4 years.We also have a ZOO at home :lol: .We have 3 dogs,2 Tegus, 1 Leopard Gecko,1 ball python and one bearded Dragon.Don't know what we are going to get next :roll: 8O .Just kidding :lol: .We are done with pets.

greentriple
12-28-2007, 07:20 PM
I guess I forgot some members of the family - 4 anoles, hudreds of Dubia roaches(both are tegu food), 2 cats and a Preying Mantis.

spencer
12-28-2007, 10:01 PM
My name is spencer , im 13 years young and i live in london ontario.
I have 1 tegu(charlie) 2 berber skinks 1 fire skink 1 blue tongue skink and a california kingsnake givin to me for christmas. ive lived in london my whole life and ever seen i can remember ive loved reptiles. and my dad supports me all the way, even tho it took 3 months of convincing to get a 4 foot lizard lol. :lol:

Tegster
12-28-2007, 10:03 PM
Hello Ricardo and Samantha,

I am Renee, 41, stay-at-home mom here in Harrison-Maine, and grandmother to Tegster. My 10 year old son is the "keeper" of Tegster. I am the only one who spends any time reading the posts here. And I spend all day talking to Tegster and getting very little done.

You are both very knowledgable and have helped me understand Tegster better.

We got our Tegster as a hatchling from Rick Sisco in October. He is a beefy 25" long now. My son begged, and begged, and begged for a lizard. I told him to do his research and convince me this was a good idea. Job done!!!

We also have a cat and two fish. Oh - and a Dad too!

I have to say that these lizards are the coolest thing on earth! But anyone considering getting one BETTER DO THEIR RESEARCH!!! There is a lot involved in keeping a tegu. Luckily I'm home to get it all done. And then once you've got the tegu, you get incredibly attached, and then worry like it's your own child. Or maybe that's just me.

Learning something new everyday!

amazing
12-28-2007, 11:33 PM
ok.. here we go ;)

my name is Andreas, Im maybe the grandpa here with 44 years, come from the heart of germany ... :twisted: Nordrhein-Westfalen. I was born in Western-Berlin, but I didn't like that city so I went off home ;)

I have a beautiful daughter, she was born at 01.01.2001, heh ;)

When I was young, I want to be a great Animal male nurse (right words?) and made my school in the "Zoo of Berlin", where David Bowie came up in a movie with his song "Heroes" ;)

But the rules of the World disturbs me in my dreams (money makes the world go around, also in the zoo), so I change my way off the health of pets, when I was 16...

[between here are lots of experiences in my life ;) ]

I work now about 12 years as a teacher with computers and linux (is an OS' like unix) and now my old dreams came back to have some of the nicest dinosaurs like the 2.2 Tegus for now.

Here in Germany the people goes thrilled and crazy... everybody wants a cewl Pet.. as cewler as cewl can :(

Why the Tegus can live in our nature and a fauna falsification can be, we (me and my wife, which was in love with our tegus, too) will construct a local tegu-rescuefarm/-center.

Ok.. thats for now....
;)

nice to be here ;)

greentriple
12-29-2007, 01:25 AM
Wow, it's been so cool to read about each of you, it makes it even better to read your posts knowing a little about who you are. What a great breadth of experience both with reps. and in life. And to know we come from around the world and across this country.

I'm so excited to see what I learn here.

TallBaldNTatt2ed
12-29-2007, 01:31 AM
Hey, my name is Brian, I live in Ellisville, MS and am 28 years old. I am the proud father of a beautiful 8 year old girl "Morgan", a chubby year and a half old tegu "Booger", a brain damaged 2 year old uromastyx "Zoey", and a five year old leo "Virgil". My wife and I love reptiles, had a lot more before Hurricane Katrina caused us to relocate...we had to find new homes for our 2 beardies and 2 ball pythons. I work for FedEx and my wife is a Phlebotomist.

meanah
12-29-2007, 01:59 AM
hello my name is Daniel, im 20 years old. I live in Eddington, Maine. I have one female Colombian tegu, which i would say i rescued from a "friend" who wasnt taking very good care of it.. i have been getting her back to good health, she had/has MBD the former owner "gave" her calcium, but no uvb... what a Tard.. as sad as it sounds... shes about 16-18 months and only 22 ins.. shes tiny.... i also have a Blizzard Leopard Gecko that i just got 2 days ago for my lovely girlfriend.. she loves both of the lizards as well... our tegu is named Isis, and the Gecko is named Ra. i have already learned so much from this site... thanks to all of thos that have helped... Daniel

txrepgirl
12-29-2007, 02:48 AM
Wow,now I rally feel like we are a family :D .This was a great idea of you greentriple (Ricardo) :wink:.Meanah,my son's name is Daniel also :D (he is 13).

LisaN
12-29-2007, 05:17 PM
Hi,
My name is Lisa, I'm 45 and an Arizona native. I've always loved animals and am fascinated by their behavior. I adored working with wolves and learning about living and dealing with them and teaching others to do so, as well. I then got into canine obedience and protection work. When we moved to our new house, 21 years ago, I ended up playing with exotic felines. After all these years...I'm just now placing my last 2 cats.
My family has had tortoises since I was a teen. I currently have 4 tortoises, 2 cats, 4 dogs, fish, a donkey, welsh pony, 3 fainting goats, chickens, and 2 tegus. Along with that is a husband of 25 years and a 17 year old daughter. I'm the animal lover of the family.
I also work as a dog groomer 4 days a week.
My mom is a real animal lover and adores the Tegus as much as I do. These guys recognize Grandma and do not shy from her like they do with other family and friends. Mom is the only other family member that will hug and kiss them (and her tortoises) like a puppy. : )
I still have tons to learn about my lizards and can't wait.
LisaN

txrepgirl
12-29-2007, 05:41 PM
LisaN what kind of Tegus do you have and how old are they and what did you name them ? take care.

LisaN
12-29-2007, 08:41 PM
I have 2 black and whites that I got from Rick.....they are 4-5 months old. Names....... ARRRgus and Wench. : )

Lisa N

BeachBabe
12-29-2007, 08:43 PM
HEY ! :D my names Cassandra im 14 yrs old and i live in florida with 2 dogs 1 tegu 1 macaw 1 fish and 3 wild and crazy sisters ! :lol: my life has its ups and downs but im glad to be alive !!!! nice to be reading about some of the members on here ! by the way my tegus name is pierre ! and u can see pics of him soon !

wingnut
12-30-2007, 04:26 AM
This is a cool thread...

My name is Shane I am 34, married with a 4-year-old daughter. It's neat reading posts from Germany, because my wife and I met when we were stationed in Wurzburg. We now live in southern VA.

Our "zoo" consists of 2 tegus (Frick & Frack) both from Rick this year, Frack is a Chacoan and Frick in a normal B&W, 1 Beardie (Floyd), 1 Black Rat Snake named Sticky, because I found him stuck to a glue trap and rescued him, 8 Anoles (started with 3, but they multiplied :-)), 3 box turtles, 4 dogs, 4 cats, and 2 ferrets (Riki Tiki Tavi and Valentino Rossi)

All_American
12-30-2007, 08:08 AM
Hello all, my name is Ed and I live in Wildomar, CA and also in Anaheim , CA. I am an aerospace machinist by trade and have been doing this since I graduated high school in 85. Now you will have to do some math to figure how old I am. I don't have any children, but do have two step children and a wonderful wife I married last May (poor woman) :lol:

I have always been a reptile and animal keeper of some sort, from catching frogs in a field next to disneyland many years ago when fields were around. To my Boa's and Tegu's and Bearded dragons.

I'm not your typical looking animal keeper from what many say. I am or have been told I am a biker, but to be truthful I am just a guy who has been riding for many years and owns a few bikes and puts lots of solo miles on them.

My wife is actually the one who wanted the tegus' and got me interested in them, I believe it is for the fact that she does not like my snakes is all. She loves the beardies and actually is on a list to get me a desert tortious (legally CBB and registered tag). I cant wait.

Well, if anyone wants to know more about me, just ask. I am pretty much an open book if asked.

Happy New year!

Ed

greentriple
12-30-2007, 06:45 PM
When I started this thread I didn't expect it to go so well, it's been so cool reading about all of you and having some of my own assumptions dashed, like the one that I might be an old guy on this site. You all are such interesting people and it's cool that regardless of how different our lives are we are drawn together by our love/interest in Tegus and even reptiles as a whole.

BTW - my wife is Dawn and while she's not so into reptiles she's digging the Preying Mantis we found in our yard over a month ago. My son is Diego, not named for the city we live in, but by the simple fact that when he was born Diego was the last sticky attached to the fridge.

Ricardo

txrepgirl
12-31-2007, 03:37 AM
Hi All_American (Ed).First I would like to congratulate you on getting married.I just want to ask you what your Tegu's name is and how old is he ? Take care and have a save and Happy New Year,too.
Greentriple (Ricardo) you are right this is going great :D .

venomousdave
12-31-2007, 04:26 AM
My name is David DeWitt, I'm from southern Missouri. My family includes my beautiful wife Michelle, son Caleb 7, daughter Avery 5. My ectothermic family includes:
Vanilla: male African Rock python (super-tame)
Opie: Savu python
El Tigre and Frida: male and female corsnakes
Jihad: Diadem Ratsnake (evil-incarnate)
JubJub: 7 yr old Leopard Gecko
and the newbie.....
Carla: my currently hibernating Agama Int. B/W tegu

I just want to say how awsome it is to have found such a tight-knit online tupinambis website......and may I say....POST YOUR PICS AND SHOW OFF YOUR BEASTS!!!!!!!!

All_American
12-31-2007, 07:02 AM
Hi All_American (Ed).First I would like to congratulate you on getting married.I just want to ask you what your Tegu's name is and how old is he ? Take care and have a save and Happy New Year,too.
Greentriple (Ricardo) you are right this is going great :D .

My BW male is named "Sparky" and the female Blue is named " Baby Girl"
Thank you for the congrats too.