PDA

View Full Version : hmm...

John
12-23-2004, 04:51 AM
I spoke with someone that had an adult B & W tegu and an adult blue female. They kept the pair in a 3X3 vision. They said they are very happy and healthy. They aren't very active lizards unless let out (I agree). Just curious on your intake.

FutureVet
12-23-2004, 05:48 AM
I think that sounds a little on the small side for one adult, let alone 2! Did I read that right? A 3 foot by 3 foot cage?!

Rick
12-23-2004, 07:54 AM
If I was going to get/make an enclosure I would want at least 6 feet long, 2.5 feet deep & 2 feet high. Probably a little longer/deeper for two tegus.

A smaller enclosure may work fine though if your tegu has full range of the house and the enclosure is merely used as a basking spot & hide to dig in, but I would still personally go with a larger enclosure because if you are going to be gone for a day or two you wouldn't want to leave the tegus out nor would you want them cramped in a small cramped enclosure.

That's my opinion anyways...

Rick
theTegu.com

John
12-23-2004, 04:01 PM
I also thought it was real small. Anyways...thought I'd gather some opinions. My pair will most likely be in something like Rick said.

tegu_girl0
12-23-2004, 04:30 PM
you cant have a full grown in sumtin like that it has to be 3 ft Hx 3.5ft Dx 6 ft long

John
12-23-2004, 06:43 PM
yes you can easily house one or 2 in that sized enclosure. This guy has had them in there for years and they are doing just fine. I didn't say it was right or wrong (again it's going to boil down to what your opinion is). Remember this is a massive b & w and full grown blue female (she will be in my hands as soon as the weather settles!!!). Anyways Pics to come! I'm still unsure on enclosure size as I want to breed them and they will need the extra room, especially the female for building her nest.

tc5000
12-23-2004, 08:04 PM
yea John, I think a 3x3 vision is a little small when you figure a full size B&W should easily reach 4ft. That said the boss said I could sell you a 3 troughs for $300. My understanding is they normally go for $200+ each.

John
12-23-2004, 08:48 PM
Hello Ted,

I called Grif's in Davie and they are $149.99 Bran new for the 6fters. That's the Stainless ones that don't rust. My friend knows the owner and said I could get a better price. What condition are yours in? It's probably worth it for me to just buy one from them. Let me know, I'm going to end up doing this here real soon. LOL not sure how I'm going to get it home though, the CRX won't be able to handle it that's for damn sure! I'll have to call in a favor. Owell, talk to you soon. I left a message on your voice mail.

tc5000
12-24-2004, 02:41 AM
Let me try to get a better price I might be able to break him down to $200, Trust me NO ONE makes a stainless steel water trough and if they did they would not sell them for $150 they are only galivinised. I can give you a price on Monday but I will not be back in town until the fowling Monda[/b]

John
12-24-2004, 06:12 AM
the lady didn't know wtf she was talking about? I said Gav. and then I said do you have stainless and she said same thing? Owell...149.99 bran new will be hard to beat. Do they have any rust? Like new condition? I only need 1 at this point, I'm not looking to buy all 3.