PDA

View Full Version : Healthy Weight?

Ben3233
04-25-2008, 05:01 AM
Hello, I would like to know the healthy weight for every kind of Tegus. Of course, the size difference can change the weight, but you can write an average of it. e.g (X-Ypounds or kg)

Male Argentine B/W Tegu ?
Female Argentine B/W Tegu?

Male Colombian Tegu?
Female Colombian Tegu?

Male Red Tegu?
Female Red Tegu?

Male Blue Tegu?
Female Bule Tegu?

Male Gold Tegu?
Female Gold Tegu?

Male WhiteHead Tegu?
Female WhiteHead Tegu?

Thank you all! :D

txrepgirl
04-26-2008, 08:16 AM
Good luck Ben3233 with getting that info.That is a hard one.I would like to know,too.

Ben3233
04-26-2008, 05:05 PM
Yes I know it's hard, but I guess that many people can tell me the answer, most of people here have Tegus, so there is hope! :D

Thx!

tupinambis
04-26-2008, 10:29 PM
Unfortunately, there isn't a good answer to your question. For example, what weight should a healthy human be? First thing that should come to your mind is "what type?". Your list of "types" of tegus are highly artificial. Be like asking the healthy weight of a tegu keeper. Most of those "types" you are asking about encompass a broad range of values. Take the "Argentine black and white" you have at the top of your list. Depending on the geographic origin of its parental lineage, the answer can be anywhere from about 2kg to 20kg. For some populations, 2kg is healthy, 10kg would be morbidly obese. For another population, 10kg would likely be severely underweight.

Ben3233
04-27-2008, 01:56 AM
ummm...ok thanks for your answer Tupinambis! :D