PDA

View Full Version : Spicoli Has Arrived

Diegar
07-29-2005, 04:30 PM
This morning, at 10am, little Spicoli, the Argentine Black and White Tegu arrived from Agama. He is so beautiful. I am in love!

http://www.diegar.com/spicoli/100_0348.JPG

Teiidae
07-29-2005, 06:46 PM
Good looking Tegu :wink:

Diegar
07-29-2005, 06:49 PM

ElliotJasChief
07-29-2005, 06:55 PM
how cute! congrats man I hope you enjoy him/her.

Diegar
07-29-2005, 08:16 PM
Thanks! I think he/she is cute too, but he hasn't eaten yet. When he got here, he just walked past the crickets and the almost hard boiled egg and jumped in the water. He swished around for a few and then buried himself. When my girlfriend came home for lunch, i carefully dug him up and show Spicoli to her. He walked around for a little bit and then buried himself again. Haven't seen him for about 4 hours now.

I am curious. When should i start to worry. It has been a long time since i have had a baby lizard and i have never had a tegu before.

Diegar
07-29-2005, 08:56 PM
Wow! I sent Bert an email at Agama and ask him when Spicoli was born and he said yesterday! No wonder he is wore out. lol

morbidkitty
07-29-2005, 10:08 PM
he couldnt have been born yesterday, cuz bert keeps his hatchlings for about 2 weeks to make sure they are eating well ect. he/she is probably just stressed from shipping...great looking tegu! i also got one from bert a week or so ago. he's great!

Diegar
07-29-2005, 10:28 PM
I dunno... Bert told me he was born yesterday and said that i could prolly still feel the egg tooth. And a few months ago, when i asked bert about when they would hatch, he told me early July and also again around August, so i don't know. But good news, i went into his room and he was eating some egg. Woot!

Diegar
07-29-2005, 11:06 PM
i found his egg tooth.... he really is that young... i have never had a lizard that was so easy going before

Spicoli rocks!

ElliotJasChief
07-29-2005, 11:14 PM
well i can't be positive about what to do...I've never heard of shipping one so young.

However, its pretty normal for them to bury themselves for a day or two to cope with the stress of shipping. So don't expect it to eat for a day or two and don't dig it up if it's hiding. Let it settle in for a few days and if after that it still is hiding constantly and not eating...then worry.

Diegar
08-07-2005, 04:22 PM
I just installed a webcam into Spicoli's Vivarium. If you would like to see the little guy, he can be found here:

http://www.diegar.com/main/webcam3.html

:D :D :D

Diegar
08-08-2005, 12:43 PM
Spicoli is 11 days old now and when i got him, he was 7.5" total length. I measured him yesterday and he is now 9.5". They sure do grow fast.