PDA

View Full Version : MILITARY.

justinalbino
07-23-2008, 07:59 AM
is anyone here currently active in any of the military branches cause i have questions.

HaskovoPunch
08-01-2008, 05:34 AM
I am IRR now but was Active Duty Army Airborne Infantry Fox Company 51st Infantry Div. Long Range Surveilence (Ranger) out of Fort Bragg. and Deployed in Support of Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2005. If you haave any questions I would be happy to help out.

Angelrose
08-01-2008, 06:04 AM
that's very nice of you to help out.

txrepgirl
08-01-2008, 12:10 PM
God bless every one that is or was in the Military.
HaskovoPunch.I hope you get to stay in the USA now.If you are I would like to welcome you home and if not I'll pray for you to get to come home soon to stay.Have you ( or justinalbino,if you are in the Military ) ever been stationed in Germany ? I'm from Bamberg.
HaskovoPunch.If you don't mind me asking what does IRR mean ?

HaskovoPunch
08-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Everyone who joins any military service has an obligation of 8 years to fill with government work. I did 3 years active duty full time army. After that my status was changed to IRR or Individual Ready Reserve. We are the guys who get called back after there "service" is done. So im a civillian again and have a civillian job =D

justinalbino
08-01-2008, 07:09 PM
hello, well actually i'm only 19 years old =] i know i know young one but i am planning on joining the military i have family in navy,army,and marines so i want to do either airforce, national guard, or coast guard. One quick question is the asvab easy should i study it??? and on my overall physical fitness how many pushups, situps, pullups, and how many miles should i be able to do so i am prepared for bootcamp let me know please thank you.. and my tegu will be with my Girlfriend she'll be watching it so, now i'm trying to get izzie use to her as well handling and seeing her =] so i don't have t worry about her

HaskovoPunch
08-01-2008, 07:35 PM
The Army physical fitness test was 48 pushups like 58 situps and 15:53 two mile run time. They make you take a mock PT (physical fitness) test before you ship to basic training company which consisted of a half mile run pushups to muscle failure and situps to muscle failure. I think I did 18 pushups before my arms gave out on me I passed the situps, but the run I did horrible on. I never worked out before I joined, but keep in mind they tortured us physicly on a daily basis for 4 and a half months. At the end of basic training I was running a 14:00 two mile, did 78 pushups and 90 somthing situps. They will get you in shape! . I was even diagnosed mal-nutrition and was put on double rations until i met weight.

I think you will be fine. In the Navy I know they only run a mile and a half for the run. I think pushups and situps are the same they also throw in pullups on the Navy test due to scaffolding in the ships interior. The AirForce uses the same PT test as the Army now. So until your 23 you have to meet the requirements I posted above.
The best way to get in shape is double the running distance required and run it three times a week Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. On tuesdays and thursdays do pushups and situps until you cant do any more.

Thats how PT was in the army every morning at 06:30 after we paid our respects to the flag. As far as keeping your animal in the barracks. I hate to break it to you man but as a single soldier/sailor/airman it aint happening. Oh and in the navy not all jobs do PT every day and you dont always get put in a barracks in the navy and airforce. Sometimes they will put you in apartments then you can have your tegu. It's def a risk.

justinalbino
08-02-2008, 07:02 PM
deng so i might have to let izzie go?? =( that would suck well i gotta do what i gotta do right??

Sweenox
08-31-2008, 02:15 PM
Im in the army too,but Im in the irish army :D

malevolence714
09-01-2008, 08:13 PM
11 Bravo. The most important MOS in the army.

justinalbino
11-05-2008, 06:57 AM
hi I'm interested in the airforce but imma wait a little before i actually join.
i had a question how would u get in the airforce academy in colorado??