PDA

View Full Version : new "type 2" albino...

08-04-2005, 06:34 PM
Anyone else notice that on Ron and Stella's site, under "Blue Tegu Morphs" it now has listed "Type 2 Albino" in addition to regular albino and snows??? 8O

They said something a few months ago about some new morphs they were coming out with. I guess that this is one of them. Anyone have any inside info on this? I sure wish that Ron and Stella still hit the message boards so they could keep us up to date on this kind of stuff. They used to be quite active on kingsnake.com. :?

ElliotJasChief
08-04-2005, 09:31 PM
stella told me something about them being purple looking. She warned me to be careful when buying snow tegus because people have bought the type 2s and tried to resell them as snows because the type 2s are so similiar.

08-04-2005, 10:00 PM
stella told me something about them being purple looking. She warned me to be careful when buying snow tegus because people have bought the type 2s and tried to resell them as snows because the type 2s are so similiar.

I got my snow direct from Ron and Stella. He's the documented offspring of their female snow Zelda. So, I know for sure that he's a snow. Perhaps the type 2's are an actual T- albino (which would be cool). Whatever the case I'll be psyched to see them (and perhaps buy a couple :P ).

Beth
08-05-2005, 06:08 PM
Hey EA7770,

Could you post a picture of your snow? I would like to see what they look like.

Thanks,
Beth

08-05-2005, 07:15 PM
Hey EA7770,

Could you post a picture of your snow? I would like to see what they look like.

Thanks,
Beth

Beth, here's a pic of him from a few months ago. Haven't taken any recent ones:

http://www.www.thetegu.com/modules/Gallery/albums/EthansTegus/snow_in_may.jpg

Beth
08-05-2005, 08:48 PM
VERY beautiful! Is he just as tame as any Tegu? Any special foods that he has to eat?

If he is a snow, is an albino completely white with no distinct markings?

08-06-2005, 02:02 AM
VERY beautiful! Is he just as tame as any Tegu? Any special foods that he has to eat?

If he is a snow, is an albino completely white with no distinct markings?

He is able to be handled but not overly "tame". But that is a result of the fact that most of my herps are breeders and not "pets". Snows have the ability to be just as tame as any other tegu if they are handled as such. They eat the same diet as any other blue tegu. A "regular" albino tegu has much more dark markings as they are T+ albinos as opposed to T- albinos (which is a whole other can of genetic worms). Look through the tegu photo albums here on this site and you'll see many pictures of "regular" albinos. As far as I know, I'm the only member here with a snow (alhough I could be wrong) as they are far more rare of a morph. Below is a good example of a "regular" albino (not one of mine). I'm sure you can see how he has much darker coloration than my snow:

http://www.www.thetegu.com/modules/Gallery/albums/JL-Exotics/male1_001.jpg

Beth
08-08-2005, 02:07 PM
Thank you. I think I like the "Snow" colors better. Very beautiful.