PDA

View Full Version : OPINIONS ! and Posts ! ........Edited

Angelrose
07-24-2008, 09:41 PM
I thought that now was a good time to be reminded about Opinions.

Everyone is Welcome to have their Own Opinions.

*Belief Not Founded on Certainty or Proof but What Seems Probable.

We Welcome Everyones Opinion. What Works for One Person May or May Not Work for Another.

"I just feel there is a big difference between Cautionary Postings or Intellectual Explorations, and Outright Conjecture. Conjecture Posted as Fact is Dangerous, in my eyes" - Tupinambis

edited: it was brought to my attention by a fellow member that this may be taken in a negative way.

I just want you to know I am encouraging everyone to get involved and speak up. I want everyone to POST FREELY.

greentriple
07-24-2008, 09:46 PM
Very well put... that's my opinion :wink: , but in light of the issue it's also a fact :lol: 8)

Alek
07-24-2008, 11:52 PM
That is why you should not depend on one source for proper care in fact that is why these forums can some times render the pets.

Always double check with other sites that dedicate knolege to the animal then just speaking with others.

I would not think that anybody on this site would cause any harm do to all the feed back from all the other members posts. You get great responce from some very good people on this site just trying to help and educate at the same time. Like they say when u teach u also learn.

Also just because there are people with more then 10 reptiles dosen't make them expert herpers.

tupinambis
07-25-2008, 02:10 AM
um, angelrose, am I to take this as a slag against me?

hoosier
07-25-2008, 02:15 AM
i think it may be ment as a good thing.

PuffDragon
07-25-2008, 02:22 AM
Slag is the name of a fictional character in Transformers toy line.

txrepgirl
07-25-2008, 02:51 AM
That's why I don't say what I think ( most of the time ) but what I found and post the links ( so every one can read them and put there own things together ).The things that I do know I found on those links or from my own experiance and got advice from a vet.There are also some things that I found out by just watching the Tegus.I haven't seen one member on here that sad that he/she knows everything.We ALL are here to learn.Even the moderators :lol: :wink: .The vets that I have been to are proof that no body knows everything :wink: .She had to look things up on line,too :( :lol: .

Angelrose
07-25-2008, 03:04 AM
um, angelrose, am I to take this as a slag against me?

no. I quoted you. it is a compliment. I wanted to bring ALOT of attention to what you said.

........... for all to know

tupinambis
07-25-2008, 07:10 AM
I just wasn't sure, but neither was I offended.

Angelrose
07-25-2008, 02:15 PM
I just wasn't sure, but neither was I offended.

*friends*

laurarfl
07-25-2008, 02:54 PM
I post what I think and use words like "I think", "I believe", and my "my opinion" instead of "I know" and "it's a fact". Personally, just because something is posted on the Internet or has had a study done doesn't necessary make it true/factual, either.

All we can really do is post our opinions and observations. That's why I like forums like this and I only have a few that I go to. I like this one, and I like a few forums on kingsnake. I also have one unrelated forum I go to once in a while, and that's it. The reason why I like these few forums is that people can discuss things rationally and glean from each other. People can disagree and either learn or just agree to disagree. No one attacks each other here (or I don't think so). Sometimes you can post and help someone out. Sometimes you can read things from people more experienced than you and stay humble.

I don't think anyone can have all the answers, especially in herpetology. So much is changing and new research is coming along all the time. New animals enter the pet trade which generates new interests and even more research. Sometimes people have thought XYZ was a good thing, then later find out maybe it wasn't. Herpers are currently debating over whether beardies need UV lights or if dietary supplementation is enough, supplementation in general, if young herbivores eat animal protein as juveniles, and if tegus really need fruit in their diet. My thought is...how can you know that 100% and why would you post that as a proven fact and then convince other people to drink that Kool-aid?

I was taught that it is appropriate to share your opinion, someone else shares theirs as a rebuttal, then you may share yours once more as a defense against their rebuttal. That's what I generally follow, and I really try to just share and not come across in an offensive manner. I really love what I do (working with animals and teaching), and because I'm passionate, I may come across as a know-it-all, but I'm just very chatty!

I hope I have not offended anyone in my posting, and this is my big giant umbrella apology!

greentriple
07-25-2008, 03:35 PM
I can say one fact, I have a lot of opinions...

I think open discussion and sharing of ideas and opinions is critical to growth and a wonderful part of this forum.

I also believe that the critical evaluation of all information is one of the most important things we can do at all level of our lives.

Blind faith will get you killed.

you all is good peoples.

worldeater
07-25-2008, 03:50 PM
yea, most of us are intellegent folks, and all posts are some form of thought prevoking idea manafest. it's up to the reader to sift out the applicable information from any post. so i say the more the marryer we learn share and grow. nothing works for everyone, but everything works for someone. so if there is a conflicting story being told in a thread contrary to what you believe, speak up! you're silence holds us all back. and we're adults. I think we can handle grown up talk n discussion without getting feelings hurt.
all for the love of a tegu.

http://bp2.blogger.com/_ko1iMU_2YP8/R6FOL1xEfPI/AAAAAAAAALE/UW6eEV4tSxQ/s400/why+so+serious.jpg

Angelrose
07-25-2008, 04:11 PM
this is good ! it's working ! I got you guys talking ............... :wink:

Alek
07-25-2008, 06:14 PM
It is just like the female species to cause havick, war and confusion. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Angelrose
07-25-2008, 10:01 PM
he, he ........ :lol:

txrepgirl
07-26-2008, 02:52 AM
Worldeater.I don't want to hurt your feelings but I do NOT like that picture.
Thanks Alek.

Alek
07-26-2008, 05:17 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

junglejane
07-28-2008, 02:05 AM
well said angelrose. :D

worldeater
07-28-2008, 09:16 PM
why not? jokers just having some fun, Why So Serious?

i love the joker, even thinking about naming my hatchling joker.

greentriple
07-28-2008, 10:51 PM
"hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha !!!" The Joker

Alek
07-28-2008, 11:53 PM
Thats a great name on a positive note :lol:

Angelrose
07-28-2008, 11:57 PM
i love the joker, even thinking about naming my hatchling joker.

'joker' ! what a great name ! I love it.

p.s. I love the joker ....LOL. he cracks me up.

greentriple
07-29-2008, 06:08 AM
My quote was meant to be the Joker laughing.... :lol: