PDA

View Full Version : What you guys doing for Halloween?

Rob-905-Canada
10-20-2008, 12:44 PM
What you guys doing for Halloween? (Trick or Treating, Handing out Candy, Decorating the outside of the crib with Halloween stuff, going to a Halloween party, etc.?)

I am 19 to old to trick or treat and I don't have my own crib and I think only thing we doing is just putting a pumpkin on porch..so probably will just be handing out Candy and munching on some of it. Miss the days when I would have like 2-3 pillow cases full of Candy at end of night :!:

I Also read last night Tegu's can eat pumpkin so I will probably feed that to mine on Halloween :O

Angelrose
10-20-2008, 02:11 PM
I'm psyched. I will be taking my girls out and dressing as catwoman. than a grown up party.

I am going to try and dress up my gu's as best I can at least for pictures. it's rather cool here now so I don't know about taking them out to go trick or treating ...lol

DaveDragon
10-20-2008, 03:38 PM
Last year we were planning on bringing our big Red Tegu to sit on Santa's lap at a local pet store. We wanted to see the look in his eyes as I pulled that "monster" out of the carrier!!! We didn't go because the temp was in the 30's and windy, too cold to take him outside. Maybe this year!!!!!

tedthetegu
10-20-2008, 04:27 PM
my friends and i on campus just dress up for the fun of it
some of us go o parties, some (like myself), stay home or go to a friends house. since i got all my animals i'm gonna hand out treats to them providing they're willing
last year i dressed as Axl Rose but i'm not sure what to be this year
my friends say go for shock value and go in complete drag

Angelrose
10-20-2008, 06:47 PM
Last year we were planning on bringing our big Red Tegu to sit on Santa's lap at a local pet store. We wanted to see the look in his eyes as I pulled that "monster" out of the carrier!!! We didn't go because the temp was in the 30's and windy, too cold to take him outside. Maybe this year!!!!!

ya know, that's a good idea.

laurarfl
10-20-2008, 09:13 PM
We are working on Halloween night. So, my husband, my 14yo, and I are taking the zoo crew to a community event. My 12yo is dressing up as a mime and trick-or-treating with her BFF and BFF's little sisters. She'll have pillow cases of candy and we'll rob her when we all get home. Not like anyone of us really need to eat that junk. :wink:

worldeater
10-20-2008, 09:14 PM
i'm gonna get a really crappy costume and drink entirely too much.

laurarfl
10-20-2008, 10:29 PM
tsk tsk tsk

I just had jury duty on a DUI case....everyone be careful!

txrepgirl
10-21-2008, 06:24 AM
angelrose.You are to funy.I'm going to dress up as Cat woman,too :lol: .Bryan ( my boyfriend ) will dress up as Batman 8) :lol: .Since we don't drink or party we are just going to go see a movie and than go to Six Flags.They have some cool things to do there.My son will be with his dad this year.

GISHerps
10-21-2008, 12:23 PM
I'm going to see my boys play at the annual Helloween party at Club Vegas in SLC. It's one of the bigest shows of the year and they're headlining this year! I won't dress up but I'm taking band photos and catching some pix of the costumed hotties!! Sure to be lots of fun!
Halloween is my favorite holiday!

GISHerps
10-21-2008, 12:24 PM
I'm going to see my boys play at the annual Helloween party at Club Vegas in SLC. It's one of the biggest shows of the year and they're headlining this year! I won't dress up but I'm taking band photos and catching some pix of the costumed hotties!! Sure to be lots of fun!
Halloween is my favorite holiday!

Ben3233
10-21-2008, 04:07 PM
I'll do like I do on every halloween...

...Killing people and eating their candy... mouahahaha... :lol: :lol: :lol:

october
10-23-2008, 09:33 PM
I Also read last night Tegu's can eat pumpkin so I will probably feed that to mine on Halloween :O

Hello Rob-905-Canada....Something very IMPORTANT you should know. Pumpkin acts as a laxative for reptiles. If a reptile is constipated, you would add a little pumpkin to their food. So unless your tegu is having difficulty going to the bathroom, I would not give him any pumpkin what so ever.

Rob

DaveDragon
10-24-2008, 12:55 AM
Pumpkin acts as a laxative for reptiles. If a reptile is constipated, you would add a little pumpkin to their food.
Interesting! I've got 2 Tegu's that are constipated! :wink:

october
10-24-2008, 06:47 PM
I was given this advice by a couple of guys who own a reptile pet shop. They have huge tegus at the store. They actually gave me this advice in response to one of my frogs. However, they initially said that a little pumpkin is like a laxative for reptiles, but Icould try it with the frog.

I am not sure, but I think that a vet tech may have told me the same thing as well.

Rob-905-Canada
10-25-2008, 02:50 AM
Aw i was looking forward to smashing a pumpkin and letting them munch on a piece :evil:

laurarfl
10-26-2008, 01:11 AM
They can eat a piece, but whole meals of yellow/orange vegetables can cause loose stools. A piece of pumpkin should be OK.

Mason-J
10-26-2008, 06:30 AM
i am going to get absolutely TRASHED.
and walk around in a leopard print banana hammock