PDA

View Full Version : Roach eggs

Kx85rida
11-11-2008, 09:45 PM
I found 3 roach eggs in my garage about a month ago and i was wondering how long it takes for roach eggs to hatch and will it be safe to feed the roaches to a B&w tegu

eradi
11-12-2008, 03:27 AM
Just curious, how do you know they're roach eggs?

I breed Blaptica Dubia and they are live bearing roaches.

E

Kx85rida
11-12-2008, 05:01 AM
because they look like the roach egg here

http://www.cometpc.btinternet.co.uk/oriental_roach_egg_case.jpg

HernandosMom
11-12-2008, 05:15 AM
Are these your average german roach, the little disgusting things? Or those big palmetto bugs in Florida? Or those things from New York the size of hamsters?

I think the little brown kitchen roaches might offer too little nutrition for the trouble they would bring into your life. If your tegu has any size and self respect, he/she probably will ignore them, as our boy started ignoring crickets -- his formerly favorite thing in life -- when he got too big for the effort. Then the little roaches will be part of his life and yours.

That aside, I would not feed my reptiles roaches from the wild. You don't know what kind of pesticide they picked up at the neighbor's, or what disease-spreading bacteria they're carrying around from your garbage can. Captive reptiles don't have all the optimum conditions of their wild habitat to keep themselves naturally healthy and build up resistances throughout their life. The roach eggs and their case carry whatever the momma roach got into. :wink:

Kx85rida
11-12-2008, 05:24 AM
Thank you for the info i will get rid of those eggs right now