PDA

View Full Version : cool video

txrepgirl
11-15-2008, 10:34 AM
Hi every one.I found this video on youtube.com.Wouldn't it be nice if all of our Tegu's would do that :lol: ( I know it's not a Tegu ) ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjunrinxdG8&feature=related

HernandosMom
11-15-2008, 06:25 PM
On Baby Hernando's 2nd day at home, he came out of his hide the first time to run to the opposite end of his enclosure to poop. I thought, This is going to be easy :-D . I took a spare hide log, upside-down, put half sand/half peat about an inch high in it, and put it at his selected place. The sides of the log provide privacy and toilet paper, and the substrate makes it super easy to clean and absorb stink. His first 9 months, he did use this potty, or others we tried, on enough occassions to give us hope (Yes, he can!). But as he got bigger, he was just as likely, if not more so, to stand in the potty with his pooper and tail hanging over the edge, and shoot his product out away from him :-D

Now (about 20 months) he free roams during the day in his room. We have 85% of his floor covered with plastic mats, old serapes, towels, etc. But he will search around and find a place where he can nail it right into the nubby old carpeting underneath; the most difficult to clean up after.

What's worse, we were so fastidious with him as a baby, he can not STAND to be around his own fresh waste. He sleeps in his terrarium at night and if we are too slow to bring him out he gets very urgent, digging at the glass, obviously holding it in. If he has an accident in the enclosure, OMG. He has a complete tantrum! Bangs on the ceiling, throws every piece of furniture upside down, kicks his water ramekin around.

The other morning was rainy. He was so deep asleep we didn't think he'd want to come out all day. We left for work with him clamped into his enclosure. Well, he woke up long enough to poop and was furious. He actually jumped and pushed so hard that he forced off one of the spring clamps and squeezed out the lid right near where a heat lamp was :-< . No obvious injuries, but a close call.

Anyone else notice a certain selectiveness about pottying, but enough capriciousness that ya can't do a thing about it? :lol:

Ben3233
11-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Yes, not from reptile, but from many dogs.

If you take a look to dogs, many of them raise their leg to pee. (not only male raise their legs to pee, female do it to.) It's not a sign of "dominance" like wolf.

They do this because they don't want to receive a tiny splash of their own pee. :!:

It's rare, but I have read about some dogs peeing and standing on their two front legs to minimize the possibility to pee on themself could it be more capricious? lol :lol:

txrepgirl
11-16-2008, 03:03 AM
Yep.Mine ( Leonidas ) is trying to get out, too, when he has to go poddy or when he wants to be held or fed.Usually when I hear him jump around in his enclosure I get him out and put him in the bath tub and give him a quick shower.He usually poops within 2 minutes.That's allot easier than letting him free roam around and than try to get behind something and clean it up.We have tile and hard wood floors in the entire house but it still stunk after he pooped and I cleaned it right up.I always prayt that one of the neighbors or some one else would come over while it still stunk :lol: .I think I stick with the shower thing.

DaveDragon
11-16-2008, 03:38 AM
When we take out our Cuban Rock Iguana the first thing we do is but her in a shallow tub with a couple of paper towels. Withing a minute she will pee and poo. I'd swear she holds it until we take her out. She doesn't go in her tank very often.

txrepgirl
11-16-2008, 05:30 AM
That would be a cool video,too.Seeing your Rock Iguana do that :D .

Rob-905-Canada
02-24-2009, 03:39 AM
Really cool video :D My Savannah always goes to bathroom in its water bowl I think only once hes gone outside of it so its always been easy to clean for me :D