PDA

View Full Version : Anyone feed ASFs to their tegu?

GISHerps
02-01-2009, 04:50 AM
I'm breeding my own feeders.(dubias, hissers, supers soon, mice, rats and ASFs)
I haven't had a conscious, feeding tegu to try feeding any African Soft Fur rats yet.
Have any of you tried them? I'm looking to completely switch over to ASFs because I have them in the house and ASFs do not stink hardly at all opposed to the lab mice and rats I have that absolutely wreak if not changed out like twice a week. Who's got time and supplies for that when you have a choice? I may keep some regular rats but he mice are outa here!

Angelrose
02-01-2009, 05:32 AM
I do. Tegus and my Ball Pythons/my smaller snakes love them.

meanah
02-01-2009, 06:09 AM
i have heard of them and seen them.. i have tried to get them but each time its fell thru id love to breed them for my snakes and tegus and anything else

GISHerps
02-02-2009, 04:55 AM
Thanks so much for your response!
These guys are kickin butt now! I've had them for about a month now and both females were apparently prego when I got them. So far they've produced 17-18 babies(won't sit still for counting!) within 10 days of getting them and one had 8 more today! At this rate I think they may actually be able to keep up with the soon to be 3 tegu hatchlings I'll have hopefully craving ASFs! The only thing is I hope to have a few pairs of babies ready to breed by the estimated March awakening of the extremes. They'll be hungry lil suckers I'm certain!