PDA

View Full Version : chinese micro- mini pig

punky
08-30-2005, 09:58 PM
here's our little girl! she's about a foot long and around 7 pounds

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/8930/igface4wl.jpg

heres her with the two chihuahuas (sorry about the eyes on Spike)

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/4343/couchpotatoes9sl.jpg

heres one more of her face

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/2224/pigface4eg.jpg

Brisamen
08-31-2005, 12:16 PM
Aaaww its adorable...
How large/small will she get when shes full grown...or is she already?

punky
08-31-2005, 05:02 PM
she'll be around 30-40 pounds :) she's still very much a piglet

Tara_Richelle
08-31-2005, 06:35 PM
aw she is adorable!

DeadIrishD
08-31-2005, 08:39 PM
are they easy to get?
can you litter box train them?
easy to keep in the house?

any other info on them?

punky
08-31-2005, 09:51 PM
i've never even heard of them before i happened across a customer talking about them... so i would think they are pretty rare, but i'm not sure. they are pretty expensive.

they can be litter box trained and trained to go outside. ours has been resistant about both and insists on pottying all over the house. we're still working on it.

she only goes outside a few times a day (since she's white she'll burn easily). she's been great in the house except for the pottying. They also chew on anything and everything, i mean everything. shoes, wires, cords, clothing.... so you gotta be clean or you'll have a mess on your hands!

hmmm.. other info... well, she sleeps in the bed with us and the dogs at night (she's really just like a weird looking dog). they eat "pig chow" like "dog chow" that you can buy at a feed store. other than that, healthy snacks like grapes can be given as a treat only and to teach tricks. i wouldn't feed table scraps because every time you eat you'll have a really loud squeeling pig looking at you waiting for his piece.

she gets along great with the dogs and cats, and i got 2 ferrets today and she was interested in sniffing them but didn't hurt them at all.

she does have an issue with biting toes so i always have to wear socks around the house. she is learning "no" still.

any other questions or comments let me know!

Tara_Richelle
08-31-2005, 10:39 PM
She sounds great, where did you get her from? And how much was she?

Shan
09-01-2005, 12:38 AM
Does she have a name already? I had two pot belly pigs. But they weren't very nice. They were abused and were a rescue.

Brisamen
09-01-2005, 08:27 AM
Well with those ferrets you would want to have your feet in shoes anyway :P
30 to 40 pounds thats as much as my bouvier kara.
Petty, I thought maybe this was even a smaller breed of pigs then the usual kids farm around here in the netherlands have.
I have always wanted a pig. But well with our zoo...we have more then enough animals already :(
Btw, pigs are as smart as most dogs (hopefully smarter then my dog :roll: ) so you can teach them a whole bunch of neat tricks.
Maybe if the potty training doesnt work you can walk her like a dog. I know some people in the netherlands do it ;)

drfish
09-01-2005, 04:30 PM
Pig's have actually been proven to be one of the smartest mammals you can get.

They out class monkeys in the brain department, and there problem solving skills are second to none.

Don't ask me how I know all this.

punky
09-02-2005, 02:35 AM
tara- we bought her from a breeder that breeds mini farm animals. she was 300 bucks

shan- her name is Lil' Pig :D

brisamen- we've got a big zoo as well, but i'm always expanding. we've got 19 pets plus fish! you should get a pig if you ever get the chance

drfish- she is definately smart. when we first got her we had her food in a low cabinet, and she figured out how to open it with her nose. she still remembers that it was in there, and if she bangs the door over and over she knows we'll come investigate and pay attention to her... it's almost annoying!!

it's been a great experience though. she's really funny- if you rub her belly she will completely flop over on her side and grunt!

Brisamen
09-02-2005, 10:14 AM
brisamen- we've got a big zoo as well, but i'm always expanding. we've got 19 pets plus fish! you should get a pig if you ever get the chance

Well I dont live on my own, I do have some family members to check with if they feel a pig is a good new addition to the family.
And Rams says no...:(

it's been a great experience though. she's really funny- if you rub her belly she will completely flop over on her side and grunt!

Thats tooo cute!!

DeadIrishD
09-02-2005, 05:47 PM
how loud are they?

punky
09-03-2005, 11:01 PM
she's really only "loud" when she wants something, like food or to get up on your lap, or when she's carried and doesn't feel stable. she practically shrieks... but as long as she's given what she wants she shuts up... lol. it's a lesson in patience

Nate
10-22-2005, 07:35 PM
hey I've got a pot bellied too. If I had a dig. Cam I'd show you all. His names duke, he's 10 weeks old and 7 pounds also : ) He's a very very affectionate, smart, endearing animal but stubborn as a mule, er I mean pig. Punky you said he gets along well with the cats and dogs. Mine does also. He does this thing we like to call "crazy pig" He runs around the house making a very different, non distressed squeal and he'll do spin moves and chase the cats and then goad them into chasing him. Every once in awhile he'll let us in on his game of crazy pig. Does yours do anything like this?

Nate

punky
10-22-2005, 11:44 PM
hey nate!

she does run around at really random times chasing everyone and squeeling. she's definately a very weird animal.. we love her to death though.

we actually found out that the breeder was just underfeeding her pigs and dwarfing them.. which cuts their lifespan in half! so she's just a regular potbelly, and will prolly be around 100 lbs, but we don't care we just want her to be healthy.

she's now almost 4 months and is already almost 20 lbs!!!