View Full Version : Dinner Time o.O

agallegos37
05-28-2009, 07:07 AM
Here's Dante chowin down his dinner hehe

YouTube - Dinner Time!</EMBED>

I took it with my phone so it's not the best quality but oh well :roll:

Angelrose
05-28-2009, 10:46 AM
What a healthy dinner ! ...and he looks to have very good table manners ..;)

meanah
05-28-2009, 12:02 PM
very nice vid.. even for a phone... i like how u use the paper plate method as well
my adult knows its feeding time when she sees the paper plates.. so every now and then i switch it up..

laurarfl
05-28-2009, 01:17 PM
I use paper plates, too. It's a great trigger, except for the red tegu who runs up to you in turbo speed, lol! They also know to go to the "feeding spot" on the porch and to come to hand pats on the floor. I love conditioned animals. ;-)

Does Dante eat his greens on the plate like that?

CodynThor
05-28-2009, 02:25 PM
I use the glass saucer method personally. lol Thor always knows that its time to eat when he sees those plates

agallegos37
05-28-2009, 10:44 PM
Thanks for all the comments guys, I appreciate it. I'll try to get up a video from my actual camera with both of them eating.

But Dante will eat almost anything lol. He prefers meats a lot more than his greens and veggies but he likes the mustard greens and collard greens. Azshara really really likes her greens though, she eats most of them. Thanks again!

Timon
07-23-2009, 12:49 AM
What are the food items on the plate that your feeding in the video. Im always looking for new items to add to my Columbians already broad diet....

october
07-23-2009, 07:08 PM
Nice looking little tegu...

hmmmmm paper plates....I have always used a ceramic dinner plate..I may try the paper plates... I know that my tegu sometimes bites the plate and I hear the teeth scrape against the plate. I have always been bothered by it fearing that he would crack a tooth.

I think I may try the paper plate method. It would have to be paper though, not strofoam or plastic. My tegu is very large and would rip those things apart. At least with paper, if he swallowed some, it would be ok. Unlike swallowing the plastic or styrofoam. Also, I wouldn't have to wash that dinner plate every other day.. Thanks for the new idea...

Rob