PDA

View Full Version : How to get crickets out of the enclosure

txrepgirl
06-09-2009, 06:19 AM
Hey every one.Check out this video that I just found on youtube :).If I ever would do that I would make sure I get a small clean shop vac so there aren't any bacterias on it from cleaning the house.But I think it's a cool video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAKKDlS40WM&feature=channel_page

Boozer
06-09-2009, 02:28 PM
i used that same concept 1nce when i lost my contact lense. good idea.

aandfsoccr04
06-09-2009, 05:01 PM
that's brilliant. minus the fact that i don't use papertowels

HernandosMom
06-09-2009, 08:15 PM
That is pretty cool. I would take the lizard out first, though, and have him wait in another room. I think the noise and vibration from the vacuum is in a range that would drive the reptile nuts!

laurarfl
06-09-2009, 10:13 PM
That is really weird....

Wouldn't it be easier to just feed the dragons in the rubbermaid container and if there are leftover crickets just bump the tub until the crickets fall down into one corner and dump them back into the cricket container?

Two thumbs up for creativity, but I'm too lazy too go through that much work. If I have to go into the garage and find the shop vac and listen to the shop vac....forget it! :lol:

Angelrose
06-09-2009, 11:39 PM
Ditto here !

Very creative but call me lazy too ..lol

txrepgirl
06-10-2009, 01:03 AM
I do the same thing that Laura is doing but my Frilled Dragon,Leopard Gecko and Bearded Drogan will not eat in a bin just in their enclosures.I use butcher paper.But yea, if I ever would use the vac I would take the Lizard out of the enclosure first, too.

laurarfl
06-10-2009, 02:11 AM
I know...right? My beardies are on newspaper and I just grab crickets, dust them, and throw them in the enclosure. If there are any leftover (rarely) then I just catch them. Usually I eyeball the number of crickets I put in there so that there isn't a ginormous herd of crickets.