PDA

View Full Version : oh god...

freexskate
07-08-2009, 03:38 AM
the crickets just escaped.

i came back into my room and they were everywhere.

=[

i should invest in some house geckos to protect me whilst i sleep.

txrepgirl
07-08-2009, 03:56 AM
I'm sorry to hear that.What you can do if you want to is get your vacuum cleaner and put a thin shirt on the end of the hose.Than put a rubber band around the shirt and the vacuum cleaner.Now you can suck up the crickets.Hold the hose over the cricket enclosure and turn off your vacuum cleaner.Now you can dump them back in there ;) .Hope that helps.Have a good night :).Please keep us posted.Thanks.

Tegs Rex
07-08-2009, 04:37 AM
That is an awesome idea...I think I may have heard it before, but it never clicked!!! I've pretty much accepted living with crickets. It comes with being a reptile enthusiast!

txrepgirl
07-08-2009, 04:49 AM
Thank you.I know you heard it before because I posted a video of someone on youtube cleaning his enclosure like that after his Bearded Dragon was done eating :) ;).I looked for the video but I couldn't find it :?.I thought I saved it in my folder but I don't know what happend to it :oops:.I don't mind either if we have a hand full of crickets roaming around the house but not as many as he has in his room lol.I like the sound of the crickets.It makes me feel like I'm ( we are ) camping out.

Tegs Rex
07-08-2009, 06:17 AM
No worries. I agree with you, I enjoy the sound also. However I have had them crawl across my back in the middle of the night and that can be a startler!!!

laurarfl
07-08-2009, 12:39 PM
I don't think I could handle anything crawling on me in the middle of the night! I'm quite a crab when I'm woken up, lol!

I keep my crickets in the garage...they can chirp all they want out there. I keep them in a big rubbermaid with packing tape around the top so they can't crawl out.

freexskate
07-08-2009, 02:38 PM
sounds like a good idea!

i'm terrified of spiders, so every time i see one of the crickets or feel them crawl on my foot, i kinda freak out. :shock:

haha.

oh well, here comes the shop vac. =]

BoxTurtle52
07-08-2009, 07:35 PM
How many crickets did you have? I'll be sure to keep mine in a secure enclosure when I get my bearded dragon.

freexskate
07-08-2009, 08:15 PM
i'm pretty sure over 50 escaped. but by now i've pretty much gotten all of them with the shop vac. nothing creative, just sucked them up. lol

hopefully the house gecko that came with me from the pet store in some grape-wood will get the rest.

=D

Tegs Rex
07-09-2009, 12:29 AM
ohhhhhh man that's a lot of crickets!

linlizards
07-09-2009, 02:56 AM
One interesting thing about crickets is they can not jump straight up in the air. I bought a special cricket tub at a reptile expo from Armstrong Cricket Farm. The tub is about 18" deep. The sides are sanded up to about 4" from the top. The crickets can crawl up the sides, but not jump out even if it does not have a top. The tub came with a top, but I only have to use it to keep the cat out, not to keep the crickets in.

DodoBird27
07-23-2009, 05:04 AM
This happened to me a few weeks ago :| I bought about 50 baby crickets and left them in my room. When I walked past my room I thought I saw something weird out of the corner of my eye and did a double take because last time I checked the crickets were meant to stay inside the container not on the top! Lol. I'm pretty terrified of bugs, even little crickets so I spent ages making sure everyone was gone. Good to hear you managed to suck all those buggers up though!

sMuttTund
11-16-2009, 04:20 PM
Rajesh did your memory of God idea come from anywhere, is it based on anything, or is it your own personal explanation?

Either way I would like to read more of this idea, can you help me out?