PDA

View Full Version : Flies!!!

bloodraven
07-10-2009, 04:33 PM
We're not sure why, but we have a huge fly infestation. We think they may have come in from where our air conditioner is. Anyway, we kill three, seven take their place...it's ridiculous. We have no idea where they are multiplying. We thought maybe it was in animal cages. No matter how often we clean anything, they keep coming back. We bought this trap from walmart with this foul smelling liquid stuff...didn't work. Fly paper only does so much...what else can we do? You guys ever have a problem like this? Thanks in advance...

Oh, we don't want to use any chemicals. The chance that one of our animals can eat a dead or dying fly is too great a risk...

twobanannas
07-10-2009, 05:05 PM
flies are a big pain in the A. i put fly traps around my tegus outside cage. the flies love turkey burger too.

Angelrose
07-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Oh yes! ...those flies ..:x

You can try what DaveDragon suggests and that is:
Place plate of apple cider vinegar, with a couple of drops of dish washing soap in it, near the enclosure. They'll be drawn to the sweet smell and get stuck in the surface tension of the soap.

I had the same darn fly problem and like you I can't use any chemicals. I placed those long, scented, sticky papers around. It took some time and I didn't like looking at it but they are gone.

txrepgirl
07-12-2009, 10:47 AM
Here is some info for you to check out if you want to.Hope that helps.Good luck.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/48042/home_remedies_to_get_rid_of_flies.html

adam chalkley
07-19-2009, 07:54 PM
:lol:try alot of fly zappers and some buckets under them to get the dead ones in;-)

bluerock
07-30-2009, 10:37 PM
I've heard something about beer attracting them. Although that attracts most people. :roll:
You can try the apple cider thing. I've heard about that too. Good luck with those pesky critters. :evil: