PDA

View Full Version : Going to the Daytona Show. Let's meet.

linlizards
08-05-2009, 03:13 PM
I had an idea. I know a few members of the Tegu Community plan to attend the National Reptile Breeders Expo in Daytona Beach, FL later this month. Why don't we meet? Since this show gets soooo crowded, a good place would be in the room where the art exhibits are. It's in a room on the NE corner of the Expo and is rarely crowded. We could meet at, say 2pm on Sunday, Aug. 23. Anyone interested? :grin:

bubblz
08-05-2009, 04:48 PM
I wish,...:roll: one of these days though,....one of these days. I'll make it down there.

RedTeguKimi
08-06-2009, 01:32 AM
Im actually planing on going, If all goes well, I'll bring Kimi with me.

linlizards
08-06-2009, 02:29 AM
RedTeguKimi... they will not let you bring a tegu into the show unless you are registered to sell and have a booth checked out by their vet. Neither would I advise leaving a tegu in your hotel room without supervision. The maid will freak out. It would be best to make arrangements for Kimi to stay home while you enjoy the show.

laurarfl
08-06-2009, 01:50 PM
I can't make an all fired up promise yet, but I'll be there! Sunday is looking like the better day of the two as well.

Whitelightning
08-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Do you know how much it costs to get in?? I would love to go. They are also having one in St.Augustine,Fl in a couple weeks as well. I am going to that one too, well I will be "working" at that one.

laurarfl
08-06-2009, 06:37 PM
Seems like I read it is only $10 and that gets you in for both days.

linlizards
08-06-2009, 09:52 PM
I thought it was more than $10, maybe $15, but I could be wrong. Regardless, it is worth it. This has got to be the best show in the Southeastern US, if not the whole US. Hope you can make it. 92

linlizards
08-07-2009, 12:53 AM
I just found out that the art show will not be in the usual room, but on the floor with other vendors. I have been going to this show for years and they would move it this year just when it was a good suggested meeting place. Unless anyone else has a better idea of a meeting place, we could still meet at the NE corner of the show.

laurarfl
08-07-2009, 02:31 AM
http://www.reptilebreedersexpo.com/NRBE_Program_2009.pdf

$10 per person, kids under 6 free, no credit or debit cards for registration.

What is close to the NE corner? I have a terrible sense of direction and do much better with a "X meets the spot" kind of thing. :)

linlizards
08-08-2009, 12:15 AM
Any suggestions on where to meet would be appreciated. It is real easy to get turned around in the Expo hall. You go in one door, curve around upstairs, go to the back, pay at the end of a long hall, then turn around and go back down again on a stairwell that turns. It's enough to make anyone dizzy. We could still all find the artwork exhibit and meet there, or if there is a tegu vendor, maybe we could meet near his/her table. Suggestions?