View Full Version : lizard names

adam chalkley
08-17-2009, 06:37 PM
hay i thort it would be good if people said why they named ther lizards a name

example he is caled speedy because he runs verry verry fast

wintermagic
08-17-2009, 06:57 PM
My daughter names all our animals.
Bobby. Argentine Black and White. Was a good name for a boy or a girl and she loves Bobby Flay (Iron Chef).
Draggy. Chinese Water Dragon. Original name was T-Rex. Changed to Draggy since is a water dragon.
Berry. Uromastyx. He likes strawberries.

bloodraven
08-17-2009, 09:56 PM
I'll play along.

Vlad - Tegu. Vlad the Impaler, the character that inspired the creator of Dracula
Cloverfield - Water Dragon. Named after the monster from the movie of the same name.
Yoshi - Water Dragon. Named after the character from Mario Bros.
Koko - Water Dragon. Means blackfoot in Native American.
Barbados - Water Dragon. Named after the character voiced by Danny Glover in the movie Ants.
Sasha - Leopard Gecko. Sounded good at the time.

Boozer
08-17-2009, 10:47 PM
tegu,s name is COMA cuz when i got him/her it was awake for 2wks then went down for bout 8-plus months!!

freexskate
08-18-2009, 04:19 AM
Stumpy--- Blue Tongue Skink..because BTS' are stumpy looking with their little legs and all. =]

Optimus--- Argentine Black and White Tegu..Because i love Optimus Prime and Transformers.

Tank---Savannah Monitor..Because this thing is a TANK. lol

thats all the lizards currently.

i need more..

=]

-Jordan K

bubblz
08-18-2009, 07:14 AM
Dino (B&W Tegu): Obviously,...from the Flinstones, I remember when I was little I had a lot of the stuffed toys plus one big one that I would always sit or lay on while watching the cartoon :grin:.

White Boys "Powder" (APBT): White Boy, because he's white (w/eyes that change colors)and he's a boy :lol:. Powder, because I love the movie "Powder" (if anyone remembers it) and because I adopted him right before I switched from active duty to reserves while I was in Colorado. His eyes and coat remind me of the snow and blue skies there,...good times ;). So,..it fits but I call him Powder. When ever I say White Boy he looks at me like I'm crazy and he's slow doin what I say. As soon as I call him Powder he's up, body waving, tail waging with that pitbull smile, ready for what ever :grin:.

Those are my two boys for now,...but two new babies pending.

BogganR
08-18-2009, 11:15 PM
My Tegus Name is Shredder.. When we got her she was in this tiny little plastic container :( and she was tearing everything apart trying to get out... idk it just kinda stuck... I also have a Ball Python named Kahlua because at the time my boyfriend and i were on a white russion kick and love Kahlua.. and she is really dark like the alcohol.. i think Kahlua really grew into her name... We have only had Shredder for about 2 months now so im still not really sure if her name actually fits her personality yet...

Pikey
12-14-2009, 04:44 AM
Waylon Jones (Jonesy for short) - The Killer Croc from batman his real name is Waylon Jones
Jess Harley (Harley for short) - In the Archie Comics of TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) LeatherHead (Croc Mutant)
His name was Jess Harley
Liz - My daughter wanted to name her Lizard so we call her Liz
Red - My friend tyler named her Red, But My daughter wants to change her name to Penny

laurarfl
12-14-2009, 01:10 PM
Sure!

Tegus:
Blizzard (B/W female) came with the name and the previous owner's 4yo boy wanted me to keep the name
Kreacher (B/W female) because she acts like the Harry Potter character (won't, won't please the master)
Rexi (red male) from Night at the Museum because he likes to play with toy balls
Oreo (Colombian female) she's black and white like an Oreo
Chester (Colombian male) he came with the name

Beardies:
Boo and Two Toe have missing toes
Bella and Edward are a young mated pair
Nubs has a big part of his tail missing
Quasimodo used to have a curved spine

Others:
Jackie is a green iguana that came with the name Capt Jack Sparrow. I thought Jackie was just easier.
Hammy the uro from the little hyper squirrel in Under the Hedge (he also goes by Henry Zulu)
Ameiva...I call him Ameiva but my kids call him Patrick or Nick Nack
Elmo is our new little gator. We used to have Oscar (he was a GROUCH), but we are hoping Elmo will live up to his name and be cute and calm.

Jlkelly88
12-15-2009, 09:08 PM
Tegus-

Panthalassa - Blue Tegu
Pangaea - Argentine B&W

mcavala
12-16-2009, 01:08 PM
Our son named the pets we have
Harry a huge B&W tegu
Jeff a large monitor
Pancake and Steve our baby monitors ( we just had to sepperate stve has become to aggressive, wife beater)
I like the human names it's quirky and pancake well she use to flatten out when we first got her she's calm now especially after steve got his own place

the enigma
12-19-2009, 08:22 PM
My B&W Argentine is named Zilla cuz he walks around his cage packing an attitude like godzilla.

kgoda5
02-02-2010, 05:01 AM
our argentine bl& white tegu is named atlas after te guy that holds up the world
our bts is named cuyler like from squidbillies
our baby beardie is ruby for her color
and our newest beardie is lucy the translucent beardie
we also have another baby beardie named sparticus idk my boyfriend came up with that one

Ghost
02-02-2010, 03:41 PM
Hallooooooooooo,
My wife and I named all of our lizards
Rex our male Green Basilisk, named after the flying lizard in the show Primaeval
Jade the female green basilisk, because she is green
Spike our water dragon, because of his spikey crest
Cinnamon (Cinnie to her friends) the Uromastyx, because my wife likes cinnamon

Ghost
Jerry the Day Gecko, so named because he looks like his cousin Gary the Geico Gecko

Ben3233
02-02-2010, 05:37 PM
My Beardie, Uresaii = Happy
My Hermann tortoise Tama-chan = boulder,rock,ball etc

Angelrose
02-02-2010, 06:21 PM
My Argentine Tegu, Big G - originally I had two, boy & a girl named them Guinevere and Lancelot (Guin & Lance) because I got them near Valentines Day. Guin turned out to be the boy and got bigggggg, so Big G.
My Colombian Tegu, Angelrose- my daughter named her because she acts like an Angel.
My other Colombian - still thinking.
My Redtail Boa, Frankie - his face reminds me of a guy I dated.
My Carpet Python, Fergy - I think I liked one of the songs at the time.
My Ball Pythons, Bernadette & Baxter - ''Bernadette' was the song playing when I bought her and I needed another name starting with ''B' for her boyfriend so ....Baxter.
My Samatron Blood Python, Lil' Blood - I just got him and he's only an itty-bitty (especially in comparison to the others).
My normal Burmese Python, Muffin - when she rolls around in a circle, she looks like a huge muffin top (She's my babe).
MY Green Burmese Python, Hunter - He's green. So hunter as in the color.
My Super Tiger Reticulated Python, Happy - He always looks happy.
My normal Tiger Reticulated Python, Boyfriend - He's my bud' and always hangs out with me.

Shonuff
02-16-2010, 10:28 AM
Leopard geckos

Sahara and Tahara (Tangerine and albino): Sahara got her name because I instantly thought of desert when I got them and Tahara because she's more dominate. As far as handling, Tahara is a doll and Sahara does not like to be picked up or touched. Another interesting thing is that Sahara likes to jump and I mean jump far (never seen that in a leopard gecko). My newest addition is named Princess because I got her at about 5 months and she was super tiny and she's gorgeous.

Blue Tegu

I named him Cruz because I don't know what sex it is yet and I went to a site and seen all these names and Cruz was a latin unisex name that meant cross and tegus are from Latin America so it stuck.

VEGAS-LIZARD
03-22-2010, 10:17 PM
Toki - B&W Argentinian Tegu is named after Toki Wartooth the rhythm guitarist in the deathmetal band Dethklok.
Scorch - Bearded dragon is named after Ben Stillers Scorcher action hero character from Tropic Thunder. Also Scorch sounds like what a dragon would do to you
Nadine - Columbian Boa. IDK if it is even a girl, my son named her.
Mickey & Minnie - Min pins - when we got Mickey he was the runt, only weighed 1lb and looked like a rodent. I wanted to name him Mighty Mouse & even though he was my surprise birthday present (10 years ago) I got over ruled by the kids who were 6 & 3 because they didn't know who Mighty Mouse was. Oh well

Tesgura
04-16-2010, 07:21 PM
Jaba - Blue tegu, named after the blob from star wars (my bf named it, not sure if it's going to stick though)

moneysworld
04-17-2010, 08:32 AM
i have killia he is my biggest cuz hell kill ya (yea right) lol then traz like the trazza floor lol and kamil idk lol

lilwyhunter
04-17-2010, 12:44 PM
Remington Steel (B&W Tegu) - We needed a gender neutral name and my husband and I are both avid hunters.
Smallz (Giant Tegu) - My husband thought it would be funny because he's a giant
Mr. Bean (Het. Ghost BP) - He was sold to us as a Butter Ghost Het so his name became Mr. Butter Bean
Mrs. Bean (Het. Ghost BP) - Bought solely as Mr. Bean's gf, so she's Mrs. Honey Bean
Shamu (Anery Kenyan Sand Boa) - It's obvious
Morpheus (JCP) - Dunno, that's the name the best friend picked out and it just stuck
Miko (Malamute) - He's named after the raccoon in Pocahontas.

herpboi
04-18-2010, 01:59 AM
hmmm lets see if i remember lol:

my mali uromastyx-drew, there was a tv show i used to love and a characters name was drew sadora i plan on getting a female and name her sadora
tegu1-nero, when i first got her i was hoping for a boy, and was looking at baby names and i like this one
tegu2-achilles, i really love the movie troy
green iguana-manny, short for manuel( my 3 y/o neice named him she thought that was the name of the iguana on beverly hills chihuahua)
bearded dragon-gizmo- i just thought it was a cute name for a cute lil new newborn dragon
rhino iguana-khaos, there was a lot of chaotic events happening around the time i got him lol
red tegu-pyro, this boy is hot red, on fire so his name is fiiting
leopard gecko-bronx, i really liked the tv show gargoyles

bubbategu2
04-18-2010, 06:26 AM
Sassy Sal-rescued Colombian tegu (was Sassy Sally until he turned out to be a boy)
Gnash- Argentine Red X Blue hybrid (so named because she was a biter but no longer)
Liz- rescued BTS (short for lizard)
No Toes-rescued BTS (he had no toes when I got him)
Non Reptiles-
Mare-female Red Heeler (already named when I got her)
Lucky- female Blue Heeler (We call her Lucky to be Alive-she had a rough start)
River- rescued black male cat found on the way to the River at 3 wks of age
Chelsea- rescued white famale cat, deaf with one blue eye and one green eye (she's my 2nd white cat named Chelsea)
Boogie- BLM Mustang gelding (he's a little spooky)
Harley- Blue and Gold Macaw (his previous owner said he was a boy but we found out different when "he" laid an egg!)

hope33
05-11-2010, 07:47 PM
tegu's name: terrance-- terrance the tegu TTT
savannah monitor (got rid of him he would refuse to be tamed down): beefer-- when we got him my tegu ate 12 crickets a week and beefer ate about 12 a day

melbel1023
05-12-2010, 05:23 AM
b/w tegu - desmond, i couldn't really think of a name, my boyfriend thought this one up. we figured dessie for short, if he turned out to be a girl.
two beardies - riley and terri. terri is named after my boyfriend's mom (she had just recovered from chemo when we got them), and riley's original name was charlie, but that turned out to be the same name as my boyfriend's dad...so he changed it lol.
snowy, blizzy, and frosty - my west highland terries, cuz they are white lol.
zoey - my basenji/terrier mix...it sounded zonky and crazy, just like she is.
olli and cali - twin calico cats of mine. olli was originally oliver, we thought she was a boy.
harvy - new kitten with half black whiskers and half white, named after harvey dent.

previous pets...
siscko - my fire skink, when i got him, i was skipping school and had to hide behind a sisco truck from someone i knew from school lol. he passed away less than a year ago.
shoney - my schnieder skink, she was gold like sunshine and honey, so i mixed it lol. i sold her last september.
smokey - my old gray long haired cat. he died of old age.
boots - my old gray tabby with all white "boot" feet. we think she died of poison or venom..
paco - my old chiuahuah i found behind a walmart christmas 2007. also, old age.

and i have one for a future pet, i hope to have someday...
dry bones for an albino/snow tegu, from super mario brothers. =D

spencer1031
05-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Turbo, my first b/w, I thought she was just a big slow lizard until I put her in the grass, and it was like she had a turbo button because she was FAST lol
Torque, my second b/w that I got as a rescue. At first I named him Lil' Bruizer cause he was in pretty rough shape, but then as he grew and regained his health he needed a new name, and Torque went well with Turbo, and also fit him.
Tango and Cash, newest b/w's. also rescues. My boyfriend named them after a movie which I don't recall the name of....I was gonna stick with my theme and name them Horsepower and RPM but he said no....hehehe naw I wouldn't have
really done that to them:)

ZzILikeBudzZ
05-13-2010, 01:56 PM
Cleopatra: Golden tegu..Just felt right gold made me think of Cleopatra. I call her Cleo for short
Damien: Columbian tegu...Because the name means to pursue, subdue, and to kill....He was evil when I got him. I had my share of bites. He was a big baby when he died.He is pictured with me on my profile.
Minna: leopard gecko She is my little girls and she named her.
I have yet to name my new B&W..Names just seem to come to me. If not my little girl picks them.
It would take me all day to list my snake names good thing you asked for lizard names lol.

Tegugurl
06-01-2010, 06:33 PM
tegu- Mylnor... means lightning... the hammer that thor carried.
ball python- Loki.... The god of trickery... He loves to wag his tail like a dog when hes hungy
ball python- Slither.... She loves to crawl on ur shoulders
red tail boa- Pathereo ..... Ruinic letter for "P" also mean pussy... she a female.
Chihuahua- Odie.. kinda dumb like the cartoon dog
Basset hound- Daisy....she dont smell like daisy..lol
Seal Point siamese- Tiny... 12 pound cat:D

burnd4life
06-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Lizards:
Bossk (Male Red Tegu) - Names after the lizard looking bounty hunter from Star Wars.
Lux (Leopard Gecko) - Unit of measuring light, just thought it sounded cool.
Agent Orange (Male Bearded Dragon) - Cause he's has orange on his and he's a secret agent, also a chemical weapon used during Vietnam.

Snakes:
Set (Male Ball Python) – Egyptian god of Chaos
Dogg (Female Albino Pattern less Burmese) (R.I.P) - Thought it would be funny, but it lost its novelty pretty quick

Tora
06-06-2010, 09:58 PM
Calypso - fem calico cat, aside from Cali being a popular calico name, Calypso is the name of a nymph that lived on an island and took someone captive (forgot who) and boy is this cat clingy.
Nova - fem blue merle aussie, novas are exploding stars as far as I know, and it fits the aussie personality.
Icee & Diva - 2 fem ferrets, one is white & silver, Icee is sorta a temp name. The other is named diva because when she was little, if she got mad at me she'd give other people kisses and ignore me.
Hakkar - boy rainbow boa, named after the snake god thing in World of Warcraft.
Zeke- hopefully boy b/w Argentine tegu, haven't gotten him yet, but Zeke is the name of a robo dinosaur from a show I used to watch when I was younger. I thought it fits. :)

I used to have 2 more snakes, a central american boa & an albino rosy boa, named Ekans & Corona. (From pokemon & corona means crown, but it's also a part of the sun. It fit, he was bright! I thought he was a girl till I sold him though. Would be a good name for a girl red tegu! )

geu57
06-11-2010, 03:53 AM
geu - tegu
nice simple and im not thet creative

dj- blue tounge skinks name
the 2 btw i have had and the first ones name i cant give out but it starts with a D and hes the second btw with that name so hes junior

Nessie
07-12-2010, 01:35 PM
So we have decided on a name for our B&W Tegu........Diesel/Dezie. I love the name Dezie and that is what it will be unless we find out it is a male then we will switch it to Diesel (maybe, I still like Dezie but my hubby says that is not a boys name). We wanted a name that we can switch if need be that isn't too far off of the original name. Here are some names we considered: Marley (was a close second), Charlie, Tank, Bindi, and that was about it.

lmilne
07-18-2010, 07:40 PM
my columbian tegu is Rampage (keeping name wether male or female)

i have a normal Ball python named Charles

and a ornate pacman frog named Tito

we are a ufc family i guess minus the snake

Bluey
07-26-2010, 10:33 PM
I might go with Oreo when i do get a tegu

Potenton
09-18-2010, 10:41 PM
I had one female called Mighari, now I own a male called Mandhar and one female Boa called Lillith =D

Midrare
10-06-2010, 04:27 PM
i got a Columbian black and gold tegu named grizz and a ball python named kain

laurarfl
10-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Our newest tegu is Hook because he has the slightest little hook at the end of his tail.

LovleyLin
10-12-2010, 04:07 AM
I don't have my tegu yet but when I do I want to name him Lucien :)

nordica
10-12-2010, 07:57 AM
Oooh, I love that name!

So, for all of our reptiles...

B/W tegu - Boszki (had a friend with a cat of the same name; his personality is starting to resemble that cat's)
All American tegu - Oscar the Grouch (well, he's kind of a butt, so it just kind of fits)
Beardie - Spaz (totally self explanatory)
Beardie - Leonidas (was the name given to him by his previous owners who we got him from)
Ball Python - Moose (he's just so big and chill and relaxed and dumb-acting *grin*)
Ball Python - Lil' Bit (we hadn't named her and so just started calling her that since she's a baby; it kind of stuck)

RIP, Beardie - Knuckles (aka Kitteh; don't really know where the Knuckles name came from, as The Boyfriend already had her when we started hanging out, but the Kitteh part was a nickname that stuck)

Sephora
10-12-2010, 01:21 PM
I totally love Spaz and Moose! Funny names nordica!

LovleyLin
10-12-2010, 11:25 PM
Oooh, I love that name!

So, for all of our reptiles...

B/W tegu - Boszki (had a friend with a cat of the same name; his personality is starting to resemble that cat's)
All American tegu - Oscar the Grouch (well, he's kind of a butt, so it just kind of fits)
Beardie - Spaz (totally self explanatory)
Beardie - Leonidas (was the name given to him by his previous owners who we got him from)
Ball Python - Moose (he's just so big and chill and relaxed and dumb-acting *grin*)
Ball Python - Lil' Bit (we hadn't named her and so just started calling her that since she's a baby; it kind of stuck)

RIP, Beardie - Knuckles (aka Kitteh; don't really know where the Knuckles name came from, as The Boyfriend already had her when we started hanging out, but the Kitteh part was a nickname that stuck)

Thank you Nordica :D

Fai0607
10-20-2010, 04:05 AM
My R. Aucitilatus named is Jackie :3

Godspeed
10-20-2010, 06:16 AM
My female red tegu is called Pompaour
Black roughneck monitor, Kaburi
cherry-head dwarf red-foot tortoise is Takada

cjr94
10-28-2010, 03:20 AM
buddy- leopard gecko- it kinda clicked and i was 5 wen i named it.
buba- red tail boa- i dont know wy i named it that.
brutus- crested gecko- he's really small so i wanted to give him a name that was opposite i guess.
tag- tegu- it didnt involve much thought.

Jormugandr
01-26-2011, 01:34 AM
I'd like to post some of my Lizard names, too.. Hope you don't mind.. :D

Bearded Dragon:
Beardie - It's my first Lizard and i don't know what's the best name for him.. He's a normal Bearded Dragon..
Of Raging Blaze - I call it ORB.. The name comes from it's very distinctive bright red color.. Some call it Flaming Tiger, Red Flame and some say it's a Sandfire.. But i can't tell what kind of morph it is, until now..

Savannah Monitor:
Omeyo & Omete - A young pair.. Omeyo is female and Omete is male..

Tegu:
Loki - My first Tegu.. It's an Argentine B&W Tegu and just arrived yesterday..

Dog Shrink
01-26-2011, 04:55 AM
Since I don't have a tegu... yet... I hope y'all don't mind me listing my leopard gecko... His name is Eros... after the greek God of Love and sexual desire. He was an anniverary present, and after my tortoise that spend the first 10 years of our marriage together died shortly beforeour 10th anniversary, I had to get another critter to fill the tank... you can't just leave a tank empty :) So Leos are suppose to live like 20-ish years so hopefully our marriage will last another 20-ish plus years as well. Plus he has the cutest heart shaped spot on his nose... See:
http://www.imagenerd.com/uploads/face_pic_2_1_1_-_copy-y9h3K.jpg http://www.imagenerd.com/uploads/361629826309_-_copy-ZAmsr.jpeg

First shot is his baby pix, second is at 10 mos old.

laurarfl
01-26-2011, 01:32 PM
OK, that is really cute! I've never kept leos but someone gave me a crestie last week.

Dog Shrink
01-26-2011, 02:52 PM
Thanks Laura. He's a really cute lil booger. Loads of personailty, loves to sit on your knee and watch tv, esp. House and Boardwalk empire :) He's litterbox trained too :) A real special lil dude. Cresties are a load of fun from what I hear and pretty easy to keep. Just make sure his temps don't go over 80 too often is what I hear the most. I belong to a really good gecko forum if you'd like the url I'd be happy to share it :) Eros is my first lizard since an anole I had when I was like 9. Before him it was tortoises and ball pythons (which my son has a ball named Loki :) mine was named Evillynn (not that she was evil. She just didn't like people sticking their hand in her bag. She would travel with me in my army medic bag) .

saided
01-27-2011, 01:34 AM
Dio- I was looking at names online and thought Dio was really good, then the net week Ronny James Dio died and decided it was a sign that when Dio hatched that was supposed to be his name.
Smaug the axolotl- The hobbit was still fresh in my mind from reading it.

JessieD839
07-24-2011, 06:13 PM
Female Beardie- Bob (didn't know her sex)
Female Breadie- Marley (to match Bob)
Female Beardie- Mrs. Fat ( rescued her from morbid obesity)
Unknown B&W Tegu- Goober (Idk it just kinda flows lol)

laurahill
01-11-2012, 05:01 AM
My tegus name is shrwal..My granny recommended this name.

txrepgirl
01-11-2012, 06:53 AM
:) . How did your grandma come up with this name ?

Our Tegu's names are:

Argentine b/w Zeus and Leonidas

Argentine All American's ( 1/4 blue, 1/4 red and 1/2 extrem giant ) Shakespeare and Venus

Argentine blue/red hybrid ( male ) Spatzi ( sweety, it's German )

Lord_Duron
01-13-2012, 02:13 AM
I must say im not even sure on how to say that one xD
My Argentina B&W Tegu name is Tila <3

txrepgirl
01-16-2012, 01:01 AM
I like the name Tila :) . Here is a video of Spatzi. Ther you can hear how to say his name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz4-a5rcIBw&list=UUDZB6YrBIhrBvKeaSM5-T-g&index=23&feature=plcp

Lord_Duron
01-16-2012, 11:15 PM
Aww I spatzi is cute as hell lol.
XD i didnt know we were talking about names of all our animals lol
And i seen your video about your lil tech you used to get your reptiles out of its cage xD
<-- I just used my wielding gloves to take Tila out because as long as I've had that lil girl
she was ready to wrestle with me while in her cage lol
Welp as i said I have
> Tila : B&W tegu
> Makino : Western hog nose snake
> Reptill : Leopard gecko
> Charlene (however my son spells it lol he's 6 going on 7 next week) Red ear slider
> Artemis : Florida King Snake.
> Ms. Snoops : Pac man frog
> Orange tabby : Manga *Pronounce like Mango but with a Ga *
> Grey Tabby : Ollie refuses to be pet by your hand, only wants your feet rubbing on her ?o.O? she's weird lol
> Woodstock aka Woody : chihuahua + maltese
> Deuces : * Who just pass away yesterday*
Of all reptiles i've had that was the 2nd one to ever
die on me. First was when i was 14 now im 30 so
I think that is a good record.

laurarfl
01-17-2012, 02:14 PM
Lol, the cat petted by feet cracks me up!

RamblinRose
02-22-2012, 01:57 AM
All currently owned...

Tonga - Arg. Blk nose

Lil'Bit - Blue Tegu

Aurora - Red Tegu

Whippit - Blue Tegu

Tatter ("Salad") - Arg. blk/wh

Daily (as in newspaper)- Arg. red & blk/wh cross

Alucard - Red Tegu

Drak (movie "Enemy Mine") - Caiman Lizard

Anya - Giant Schnauzer Dog

laurarfl
02-22-2012, 03:25 PM
OOoooo, I want to see pictures of your b/wxred! Would you mind posting a picture or two of Daily in the photo forum? Where did you get him/her?

RamblinRose
02-22-2012, 08:58 PM
Sure, I can do that... she is not much to look at really. She was a cross of Bert's and one of his last breeders.

mlewis412
02-29-2012, 01:42 PM
past/current pet names:

zeppelin - my red tegu
toki - savannah monitor (also came across a youtube video with a tegu named toki, i wonder if he is on here.)
squid ward - corn snake
buckwheat - my german shepard (RIP)
skipper - cat (RIP)
baily - pug
romeo - american pitbull
Venom - sons leopard gecko

roguedroid
02-29-2012, 05:52 PM
Whenever I figure out which sex my tegu is, I can decide on the name. Right now, I am planning on naming it Max if it is a boy and Sadie if it is a girl. I am going with very cliche dog names because there is a whole lot of ignorance in the public. If people can relate a "giant scary lizard" to their pet at home.

Rhetoric90
03-03-2012, 09:52 AM
Guru is named after a hip-hop artist (rip), Rango is after the chameleon, Gimli is from LOTR (which I love dearly).
Guru was also Skwisgaar (metalocalypse) but that name was too long. Gimli was almost Zeratul (Starcraft)

Reptar34
04-14-2012, 12:33 AM
I named my b/w columbian Reptar because, for those have watched rugrats, he looks like their toy dinosaur Reptar

Gnatilie
04-16-2012, 04:10 PM
OK lol we currently have a theme sort of:
Dumbledor (albino pacman frog): he just looks like he knows some stuff...
Harry(ball python): my son decided that the balls would be the good guys and the boas the bad guys cause the boas look "mean"
Fred(red rat snake): when i was little there was a red rat at this museum we went to and his name was fred and i was obsessed w/ him later my oldest son got a toy snake and it was red and w/out prompting named it fred and said it was a red rat snake... i just thought it odd so when fred happened upon us it made sense...
Snape(hypo het albino red tail boa): after harry potters snape obviously
bellatrix la snake(pastel red tail boa): after bellatrix lastrange of hp
nagini(pastel red tail boa): after he who shall not be nameds pet snake on hp
Weasley(argentine red tegu): well i mean he is red so it made sense w/ the theme...
Riley (catahoula cur canine): just a good name for her idk... short sweet and ends in a vowel sound... dogs respond better to short names that end in vowels ... i read a study one time... idk
Orange(orange tabby) we didn't get real creative w/ him as he wasn't supposed to stay
Phil(gray and white cat) after captain phil on deadliest catch and funny is the name really freaking fits him
bunny (dumbo rat) my son named her i think its like elephant the hamster from little bill
opossum(rat) she looks like an opossum
boris(dumbo rat) he came to me w/ that name
rhino (rat) he is gray and we stick w/ themes at our house
we have another that needs a name she is a female breeder... idk why i name the food but it makes me feel better
and then there are 14 baby ratties and one will stay w/ us and have another animal name...
OH and 2 kids sam (4) and jack (2) needless to say i have no time for anything LOL

rioepdc
04-30-2012, 09:42 PM
My name- Mario
Snapping turtle- Bowser
Savannah monitor- Yoshi
Egyptian uromastyx- King Tut
Blue tongue skink- Zeus
Argentine blk/wht tegu- Goliath
Bearded dragons- Draco/ Mojo

txrepgirl
05-01-2012, 04:09 AM
We have a b/w Tegu whos name is Zeus :) .

rioepdc
05-01-2012, 06:22 AM
We have a b/w Tegu whos name is Zeus :) .

http://youtu.be/QzBmQMyYDBk

^^^ I think this video fits perfectly with this moment :-D

Raebot00
05-18-2012, 08:44 AM
My map turtle is Bubba as he was born retarded with a massive overbite like the dude in Forrest Gump (he also has one eye. I used to have Gump too but her nearly bullied Bubs to death)
My Gecko is called Pubert after the baby in Addams Family Values
My B=W Tegu is called Peachy, because otherwise I was going to call it Lee Majors after the Million Dollar Man (and Marge Simpson's favourite day-dream character) and that was just silly.

x

Palmer
09-19-2012, 05:39 AM
My blue tounge skink is named Flexo from futurama and cuz he canfit into any little space

My savannah monitor is named Hugo based on the character from the street fighter video game series

My arg b&w tegu is name Tara from the hbo series true blood because they are both black bad bitches that will **** u up if u get in their way lmao

chitodadon
09-19-2012, 12:54 PM
My b/w Argentine tegu is Zeus
My pitbull puppy is coco
Female beardie Chyna
Female cat is Starr

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

chitodadon
09-19-2012, 12:55 PM
My blue tounge skink is named Flexo from futurama and cuz he canfit into any little space

My savannah monitor is named Hugo based on the character from the street fighter video game series

My arg b&w tegu is name Tara from the hbo series true blood because they are both black bad bitches that will **** u up if u get in their way lmao

Nice

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Gnatilie
09-20-2012, 02:07 AM
All my reptiles/amphibians are named after someone in harry potter...
Bellatrix La Snake (bells for short) pastel colombian red tail
Nagini pastel colombian red tail
snape hypo het albino colombian red tail male
harry normal ball python
dumbledor(he looks like he knows some stuff) pacman frog
and my love weasley (weasel for short) red tegu... we also had fred the red rat snake... if i get another tegu I would like to get a b/w female and name her hermione... and if i ever get a extreme giant male from varnyard i will name him hagrid... oh and we have a cat named orange (can u guess what color he is?) another cat named phil... it fits trust me a catahoula (dog) named Riley a rat named bunny and another rat named pedro and another rat named opossum (my oldest son named them) and then about 60 more rats named food... can u guess why? lol

txrepgirl
09-20-2012, 10:05 AM
Male b/w Tegu ( Leonidas )
Male b/w Tegu ( Zeus )
Male All American Tegu ( Shakespeare )
Female All American Tegu ( Venus )
Male blue/red hybrid Tegu ( Spatzi ). It's German for sweety.
Male black throat Monitor ( Houdidni )
Male bearded dragon ( Memphis )
Male leopard gecko ( Spike )
Male Vizsla dog ( Romeo/Buddy )

GummiBear
09-20-2012, 11:57 PM
Valcore the bearded dragon, when I got it everyone kept doing the falcore yell from the never-ending story and it stuck, so I changed it a bit..
Panzer the box turtle, husband is military/history major and he moved and ate like a tank!
Cake the whites tree frog, from the band, the lyrics ” stays up late and gets up early”
Milford the tiger legged monkey frog, from arrested development because he always hides, like a Milford man they are never seen nor heard
Dante the corn snake, the patterns on him looked like fire though now he's getting bigger its stretching and losing it but he's still fiery so it fits
Achilles, Columbian, because I saw someone named their dog it and reptiles/amphibians are my Achilles heal!
Poe ball python, for Edgar Allen Poe...cause he's awesome..

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

todeyius
09-21-2012, 01:16 AM
We named our Argentine red tegu "MacGyver" because he is a cute little genius who can get out of any situation, but wouldn't hurt a fly (ok, maybe a fly wasn't the best example... yummm.) He is very smart, listens to verbal cues, and is always figuring out clever ways to climb up things.

...and because my wife is in love with Richard Dean Anderson. I was originally planning on naming him Worf (star trek), but was overruled and presented with the options of A) Jack O'Neill (stargate), or B) MacGyver (macgyver).

SiK_Exotics
10-11-2012, 05:14 AM
We have themed ours LoL...

I breed Crested Geckos and my colony are all name after Shakespeare Characters bc I am a a huge Shakespeare Fanatic, but there are too many to name LoL

Monitors: The monitors are all named after Mortal Kombat Characters (except for Sav)
Jade & Reptile: Green Tree Monitor pair
Katana & SubZero: Blue Tree Monitor Pair
Jax: Black Throat Monitor
Kabal: Black Throat Monitor
Fatality: Water Monitor

Juggernaut: Savannah Monitor (the only monitor not named after MK, but his back looks like Jugg Armor)

Others-
KeleKona: Chinese Water Dragon because Kelekona means Dragon in Hawaiian (I went to college in Hawaii and she was our first baby together)
Rupert: Silkie Beardie- Named after Stewies stuffed bear on Family Guy bc he's adorable
Bowser: Bearded Dragon- This one is really my little brother's beardie but he lives with us. He is named after Bowser from Mario
Drizella: RTB Female- We have 2 RTB and this one is a BIA BIG TIME, so her and the other are named after the Mean sisters from Cinderella
Anastasia: RTB Female- She's not as mean as the other RTB but still a feisty one
CUD: Normal BP- No idea LoL.. he's had it for over 13 years

Oh yes, and the fish: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner (haha, they are breeders and feeders)

We have more, but some of our newer critters don't have names yet!
Working on a theme for our retics and burms right now!

txrepgirl
10-11-2012, 08:47 AM
I like those names. They are very unique. I like Shakespeare, too. This is why we named our All American Tegu Shakespeare :) .

Joseph
01-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Thinking of naming my new red tegu Loki since it likes to pretend to take the food I offer then make a break for the exit when it's close enough.

chitodadon
01-08-2013, 06:40 PM
Thinking of naming my new red tegu Loki since it likes to pretend to take the food I offer then make a break for the exit when it's close enough.

Lol

from Samsung Galaxy S3

txrepgirl
01-09-2013, 12:56 AM
How funny. I have noticed that the name Loki is very popular now.

Ripkabird98
01-09-2013, 05:14 PM
Mine is named Loki too. I'm an Asatru pagan so it is close to me, and it describes my red one. Red= Fire, Loki was the god of fire, etc.

Gnatilie
01-13-2013, 06:56 AM
just got an iguana if it is a male we will stay with seamus a female minerva... after seamus finnegan on harry potter or minerva mcgonogall seamus is irish and green is the color associated w/ ireland and minerva wears green a lot... so we had to fit w/ the theme...

chitodadon
01-15-2013, 03:56 AM
Godzilla lives by his name he destroys his tank and rripped the screen top lol

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Gnatilie
01-22-2013, 03:26 AM
well if you didn't want him to tear it up then you shouldn't have painted the tokyo skyline on it :D and just rescued 2 igs minerva and albus

tesla.the.tegu
01-28-2013, 10:13 PM
Tesla - Colombian black and white.
Wilbur- Bearded dragon
Pebbles- Baby bearded dragon
Mr.Burns- A really old bearded dragon

txrepgirl
01-29-2013, 11:33 AM
Those are some cute names.

tesla.the.tegu
02-04-2013, 08:16 PM
well thank you very much. i tried.lol maybe you could meet them one day

txrepgirl
02-05-2013, 10:22 PM
Your welcome ;) . If I'm ever in your area I'll let you know. It would be great to get to meet you all one day.

Bfb345
02-21-2013, 02:55 AM
My extreme giants name is Aldrik which means honorable friend or great warrior in scandinavian

subiedude09
02-21-2013, 03:16 AM
My B&W Arg is named Jazz. She is a female but before we didnt know for sure. figured Jazz for girl or Jasper for male (jazz for short) lol. didnt want to get him/her confused when we actualy found out :)

txrepgirl
02-21-2013, 10:41 AM
This is a nice name :) .

RoarktheReptileLover
04-03-2013, 05:21 AM
Bruce Lee the Bearded Dragon.

Calypso
04-05-2013, 12:21 AM
My black and white tegu: Origional name was Calypso, because I had a black throat named Thor and my boyfriends tegu is Athena and we wanted to keep the Greek thing going. Now we found he is a male and renamed him Zues.

RoarktheReptileLover
04-05-2013, 04:11 AM
Thor is a Norse god lol

txrepgirl
04-07-2013, 11:17 PM
Calypso. We love the Greek names, too. We have a Zeus and a Leonidas. We wanted to name our female Athena, too, but went with Venus.

Ripkabird98
04-07-2013, 11:39 PM
My black and white tegu: Origional name was Calypso, because I had a black throat named Thor and my boyfriends tegu is Athena and we wanted to keep the Greek thing going. Now we found he is a male and renamed him Zues.

Thor is a Norse god, and it is spelled "Zeus".

I'm a Hellenistic Norse Wiccan so I would know. :D That means my religion is a mix of Wicca, the same as Norse (With Thor, Freyja, and Odin, etc) and The ancient Greek religion (Zeus, Athena, Aphrodite, etc) Since it's my RELIGION not many people can beat me at it... :D

txrepgirl
04-08-2013, 12:02 AM
It's OK Dillon. We don't expect any one to be perfect on here. I'm not ;) . I misspell things all the time. Most of the time it happens when I'm very tired. Then the next time I read my post I say to my self " what in the heck did you type ? " lol. It's no big deal.

Calypso
04-09-2013, 05:43 PM
sorry to touch a little close to home there...
Thor was not a Greek God, but a grecian hero or something. Im not a greek history major haha i reallly dont know. But it fit and i liked it. So i named him Thor.
And yes I know that show you spell Zeus. I just type fast and dont really proof read haha Like she said, no big deal

txrepgirl
04-10-2013, 09:30 AM
Don't be sorry. Here is some info on Thor :) . I like that name and what the name means.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor

Ripkabird98
04-10-2013, 04:42 PM
sorry to touch a little close to home there...
Thor was not a Greek God, but a grecian hero or something. Im not a greek history major haha i reallly dont know. But it fit and i liked it. So i named him Thor.
And yes I know that show you spell Zeus. I just type fast and dont really proof read haha Like she said, no big deal

I wasn't mad, just correcting. One person I knew LITERALLY thought Zeus was spelled Zyas. I was just trying to help: :)

Sorry to say, but Thor is NOT A Greek God or Grecian Hero. He is only present in mythology through being a Norse god who is the son of Odin, and who wields Mjolnir, a hammer. I know he isn't in Greek mythology because it is, with Norse, my religion. Maybe it's in another one, I don't really know.

txrepgirl
04-11-2013, 02:48 AM
Dillon. Did you click on the link I posted in my last post ?

Ripkabird98
04-11-2013, 03:14 AM
Dillon. Did you click on the link I posted in my last post ?

No, but I did just now, haha.

txrepgirl
04-11-2013, 05:40 AM
:) ;) . Please give Loki a hug from me.

Tegugurl
04-11-2013, 05:00 PM
I have a female black nose named Mjölnir , but I spell it Mylnor. Midgard my chacoan giant. Freyja my red tegu. All of norse name. Then I have murphy my other chacaon giant. Names him after murphy law because he got the bad end in life to start with. Then we have Fenris my retic it is a norse runic meaning "Female"