PDA

View Full Version : No Roaches Florida??

Kel23
03-12-2010, 09:26 AM
Hello, I live in Florida and I was wonder how to get Dubia Roaches. Also is there a law here that makes it illegal to have these types of roaches here because none of the large Roach companies send them to Florida? I really want to start a colony but I'm not sure if I can get them here...

laurarfl
03-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Nope, roaches cannot be shipped into FL. Sometimes you can get a small quantity of males only if a company files a USDA permit for you. Really, you are supposed to have an arthropod permit for many types of tarantulas and scorpions as well. The state is trying to prevent a nonnative introduction since we have enough roaches of our own. :)

Kel23
03-12-2010, 01:59 PM
A local pet store might have them, If I where to buy them from a local pet shop could I have problems?

Pikey
03-12-2010, 02:35 PM
no local pet shops should have them, they are illegal in the state of FL because if they got out they would mass produce and thrive down there

laurarfl
03-12-2010, 03:59 PM
I haven't seen them for sale in a pet shop or reptile expo. If a store sells them, they are risking some trouble.

VEGAS-LIZARD
03-13-2010, 11:11 PM
Try theroachguy.com his prices are really good, that's who I order from. IDK if he ships to Florida, but it's worth checking into.

Pikey
03-14-2010, 03:18 AM
no1 will ship to florida (ILLEGAL), the only way is to cross state line and buy them & "sneak" them back to the state