PDA

View Full Version : cricket food

malice
11-02-2005, 08:08 AM
anyone use any of the commercial brands cricket food, like water food & gutload, or water crystals + calcium like Fluckers products or anything?

what do you gutload ur crickets with?

thanx

Teiidae
11-02-2005, 01:33 PM
I gutload mine with Nature Zone total cricket bites...

MO
11-02-2005, 02:37 PM
I have used Flukers in the past, they love it. You know what I've been feeding my crickets though? I take puppy chow, dry, and grind it down in the blender then mix a calcium supplement into it. I also feed them fresh romaine leaves and those cricket total gut load bite thingys, although my hissng roaches like those a whole lot better than my crickets.

I bought 500 hundred crickets 3 weeks ago and have had very little casualties so far. For some reason my crickets stay alive for a long time. At least until I'm driven crazy from the chirping and finally release the last few out into the wild!! :D

I get my crickets from Bassetts and they seem really fat and healthy when I receive them. What do I know though?

I'm off to a huge reptile fair in San Jose, California this weekend. I wonder what lovely little creatures await me there..........

drfish
11-02-2005, 04:48 PM
Fish food, fruit and veg, has everything you need in there.

jb
04-02-2006, 04:46 PM
i use the dry fluker's stuff and some apple pieces and lettuce leaves for moisture. i hate the smell if you give them water or wet cotton balls b/c the poop sticks to it and every 2-3 days you are changing it out.

Janice
06-21-2006, 01:45 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has tried the cricket gutload from
www.cricketfood.com?

Gypsybird
06-21-2006, 05:01 PM
I get my cricket, roach and superworm food from cricketfood.com. I order the premium blends that contain bee pollen and other good stuff.

They mix batches fresh and the quality is outstanding.

Janice
06-21-2006, 07:42 PM
Anyone that has tried it, certainly gives it rave reviews, that's for sure! I can't wait to try it myself.

reptilecrazy74
06-22-2006, 02:52 AM
ive been using nature zones total bites and water crystals they really seem to like them . i also throw lettuce, apples and stuff like that in for them to munch on since the nature zone stuff is pretty expensive even with the deal i get from work.

kathy
06-01-2007, 01:49 PM
i just bought a bag of monkey chow for hurricane backup. Oh my god its great for crix soak it in water and sit a couple of pieces on the floor of the tank they love it!

JBW Exotics
05-10-2011, 04:27 PM
I reccomend my own brand, JBW Exotics Insect Chow, which I just put on the market a few days ago. JBW Exotics Insect Chow is specially formulated to be easily digested & has the highest content of protein, calcium, vitamins, etc. than any other insect food currently available. I am giving away free samples all week. . Feel free to contact me, Josh, via email kiteboardjosh@gmail.com or call/text 334-730-3584

reptilekeeper
08-21-2011, 06:22 AM
The water cubes are the greatest invention since sliced bread. I use a product from home depot to save money, instead of the commercial brands at Petco and Petsmart.